HK dupes?

laguayaca

I was lurking over in the swatch area for HK/HK Kouture and I noticed that many color were dupeable I want to know what your thoughts are on this?
I was so excited for this collection because I heart HK and this was most def my dream collection...grrr

big bow = fun n sexy?
helium = milk

So far im liking fashion mews the lipglosses but the shadows i seem to have most of them grrr!
is tippy anything like barbies dont be shy?

IDK what do yall think?

Please feel free to move thread I did a search but did not find anything under this, Thanks.

Kiyishima

Well, I wouldn't know personally, but I heard Fashion Mews is almost identical to Lavender Whip. HTH!

Ebonyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyishima
Well, I wouldn't know personally, but I heard Fashion Mews is almost identical to Lavender Whip. HTH!

Is it ever. I actually went into Mac looking to buy Lavender Whip. Before I tried it on, I tried on Fashion Mews first. I tried both with current l/l. Fashion Mews looked so much like a Lavender Whip FOTD I saw here, I told the MUA to bag it. It wasn't until I got home that I found out I'd bought the wrong one. It looked hot to death on so I wasn't mad.

On a swatch, they look slightly different. Lavender Whip is more opaque (a little chalky on my lips without liner and gloss). The sheerer Fashion Mews is slightly lighter and a little more pink, but not by much when you put it on the mouth.

My two cents. HTH.

GlamYOURUs

Tippy is more like Fashion Frenzy from Fafi but brighter. Sweetness is more blue based than Tippy. If Fashion Frenzy and Sweetness had a baby, it would be Tippy.

Fun % Games looked like Sunbasque on me (I am NC35) but I prefer Sunbasque any day b/c its more natural looking with that subtle shimmer.

Fashion Mews is nothing like Lavender Whip. But if LW and Melrose Mood had a baby, it would be FM. Because of the pink that Melrose Mood holds.

Milk is more like Kitchmas than Helium. It has that subtle lilac hint of color. Helium is more pink.

Big Bow looks like a cross between Fun & Sexy and Strawbaby from Fafi.

Most Popular is EXACTLY like Plumful from the perm.

The glosses are almost sheer so these all are easily dupable.

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Tippy is more like Fashion Frenzy from Fafi but brighter. Sweetness is more blue based than Tippy. If Fashion Frenzy and Sweetness had a baby, it would be Tippy.

Fun % Games looked like Sunbasque on me (I am NC35) but I prefer Sunbasque any day b/c its more natural looking with that subtle shimmer.

Fashion Mews is nothing like Lavender Whip. But if LW and Melrose Mood had a baby, it would be FM. Because of the pink that Melrose Mood holds.

Milk is more like Kitchmas than Helium. It has that subtle lilac hint of color. Helium is more pink.

Big Bow looks like a cross between Fun & Sexy and Strawbaby from Fafi.

Most Popular is EXACTLY like Plumful from the perm.

The glosses are almost sheer so these all are easily dupable.

Thanks Monica great dupes!
Sunbasque kicks Fun n Games buttt!

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
Thanks Monica great dupes!
Sunbasque kicks Fun n Games buttt!

Welcome
th_wink3.gif

It sure does!
But its all relative. Some colors show up differently on other people.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs

Aww... come to Momma!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyishima

Fashion Mews is more pink/lilac on me...and Lavender Whip is More Purple/Lavender on me with no hints of pink....It actually looks just like these swatches on me unless I line my lips with a pencil of another color

lavenderwhipcomparison.jpg

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Fashion Mews is more pink/lilac on me...and Lavender Whip is More Purple/Lavender on me with no hints of pink....It actually looks just like these swatches on me unless I line my lips with a pencil of another color

Yep, I'm NW15-20ish, and Fashion Mews was PINKY-purple frost on me. Icky. Lavender Whip was a lovely, wearable purple....guess which one I bought?
cutey.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrrra
Anyone know of a lipstick color similar to the pink fish tlc??

It looks like Snob on me but it could be b/c I have medium pigmented lips?
th_dunno.gif