How can i make my hair grow???

marreyes38

My hair used to be long but after a while i decided i wanted to go short. I cut it short about 3 times now and im tired of it, i want my long hair back but it doesnt seem to be growing very fast.
cry.gif
I dont remember it taking so long to grow the last time (perhaps its just me being impatient)
th_dunno.gif
but i really need to know of any home remedies or products out there that might help my hair grow faster...any help???
thanx ladies

lilMAClady

MSM (Methylsulfaulmethane) you get it from health food stores. It's in everyliving cell of your body and I'm taking it for health reasons, and my hair went crazy. Look it up, its amazing and will be healthy for you too!

Fairybelle

Getting your circulation flowing also helps! I find that excercise seems to speed things up, as well as drinking milk (calcium!).

ndn-ista

my hair is almost down to my hips! i def was blessed with the good indian hair, my mom is in her 60s and her hair is still thick and longer then mine. =)

u can massage you hair with olive oil, its great for your scalp.

take cod liver oil tablets/gel pills (all natural) you can find it at the local health store. its really good for your hair, nails, and skin.

getting a good amount of sleep.

conditioning your hair and getting trims regularly (even the smallest trims count!)

and seriously, i know that this is hard to do, but please try not to use alot of products in your hair if u dont need to, it only clog the pores in ur scalp and gunks everything up! when i use products when i curl my hair, like hairspray, mouse etc and i wash my hair, my hair falls out like crazy!

iio

There's this shampoo and conditioner called Mane N Tail (Original)...it can be used on animals...especially on horses. I hear good and some bad reviews about it but it doesnt hurt to try it. It only costs $7.29 at walgreens (thats where I bought it). Its suppose to make your hair healthier and thicker plus grow faster b/c it helps strengthen your hair. I just bought mine today...i cant really say anything about it until i use it for a few more weeks but I cross my fingers and hope it works!

jenii

Biotin made my hair grow really fast. Just keep in mind if you're the type to get brow waxes or something, it makes ALL your hair grow faster. I found I was going for waxes twice as often.

ndn-ista

Quote:
Originally Posted by iio
There's this shampoo and conditioner called Mane N Tail (Original)...it can be used on animals...especially on horses. I hear good and some bad reviews about it but it doesnt hurt to try it. It only costs $7.29 at walgreens (thats where I bought it). Its suppose to make your hair healthier and thicker plus grow faster b/c it helps strengthen your hair. I just bought mine today...i cant really say anything about it until i use it for a few more weeks but I cross my fingers and hope it works!

I use to use this when I was younger in middle school. Yeah, it was good, I remember liking it a lot. Don't remember why I stopped using it though. I guess with SOOOO many hair shampoos out there, you want to try them all!

iio

^yeah this stuff works nice! it gives my hair volume even when i sleep in it i wake up and bam its big (not too big but much more volumous than before) although i did use a lil too much conditioner when i left it in after my shower i used a nickle sized (i got a lil too excited) i should be using a dime size b/c the condish can make your hair feel waxy? it does great with curls though...i just did my hair in twists and it looks very nice and wavy and still full even though i put a lil too much conditioner on my hair. i love this stuff!

greentwig

I posted this somewhere else and I wanted to post it here too.
winkiss.gif

I used to take Biotin... but I found that it did absolutly nothing for my hair..

So well heres a tiny story...
I was taking biotin and it was really doing nothing special for me at all, and I did it faithfully for like 6+ months. Then one day I went and visited my aunt and I knew that like 8-9 months earlier she cut her hair pretty short like right above her shoulders, and when I go have dinner w/ her, her hair is back down to her bra strap. So I asked her what she was taking to make her hair grow so fast and she was telling me that after she had her daughter she had a problem w/ vitamin deficency so back when she was pregnant she took these pre-natal pills, and she just kept taking them after she had her baby cuz she needed the vitamins.

Ok so now I take those pills, I bought them from Mother's Market cuz she told me the exact 1 that she always got there.

Oh and it's important to note that I am not pregnant and I do not take the recomended dose because I am not pregnant. The recomended dose is 4 tablets/day, I only ever take 2/day. I notice a actual difference unlike when I was taking biotin & waiting 4 my hair to grow.

Ok, I'm not sure if you have a Mother's Market near you or another place you may be able to get this at but I'll give as much info as I can.

Ok the Bottle says this stuff:
Brand: KAL (not sure what that stands for)
Says: Vita Mom
Saya: 1,000 mg Folic Acid
Says: Prenatal formula for Pregnant and lactating women
Says: 120 Tablets

The sticker's background is grey, and there is a picture of a woman holding a baby, & the woman is turned (back to you) & the baby is looking @ you. LOL that sounds wierd.

Anywwayz there you go.
yes.gif

I hope this helps
winkiss.gif

lainz

okay this is gonna sound kinda weird...but mashed up birth control pills in your conditioner WORKS.

i personally havent tried it, but my cousin has, and she has always had long long long hair. i dont have any pills to spare, or else i would be trying it
smiles.gif

MadchenRogue

I would say brush your hair when its dry to stimulate your scalp. Have some hot oil treatments. Hair grows at a rate of about 6 inches a year. So, have some patience too
winks.gif