How do you apply Laguna/Orgasm Duo?

RoseMe

I got this set just recently and really hope to be impressed by it. Unfortunately I do not normally wear bronzer, so I am not sure how to CORRECTLY wear this set.

Orgasm looks too "fake" alone on m NC25-30 face - how do you apply the Laguna together with orgasm to make them look good together?

Thanks~!

iaisha26

I would apply the darker shade first and then apply the lighter shade over that. Use a fan brush or stippling brush...these brushes give a light coverage, but remember to use a light hand as well.

RoseMe

Thanks! Can you tell me WHERE should I place each color? I know orgasm looks fine on the apple, but am not sure about the Laguna.

alka1

I normally apply Laguna using the "3" shape - I sweep the color from the temples, to right under the cheekbone, and then curve back down to the jawline. To get a more bronzey effect, brush a tiny bit on your forehead, nose, and chin.

As for Orgasm..I use the 187 brush to apply it over the apple of the cheek, sweeping it back towards the cheekbone. I heard from a makeup artist on QVC that you should guide yourself by looking at the center of your eye. Blush should be applied starting at the center of your eye, then going up (trying not to apply it close to your nose).

To get a more natural effect, try using a stippling brush like the 187 to build up the color intensity. A stippling brush will apply the lightest application of powder.

I drew a diagram to help explain it a bit better. Pink - blush, Brown- bronzer.

OfficerJenny

I love applying orgasm using the 187 brush, or something similar, so i apply it very sheerly but easily buildable when needed. Or with a fan brush for a very sheer glow.

stacylynne

I apply Laguna just below my cheek bones to contour & Orgasm right above it,(I stongly suggest use an angle brush). Blend it out, I use a Kabuki brush.
For an extra glow you may want to try some van. pigment right above your cheekbones going up to your temples & finish w/ fix +. You will look like a movie star
smiles.gif

vanilla_addict

thanks to alka1
for her great illustration
greengrin.gif

i use the 187 brush by mac to apply the bronzer.. or sometimes the 183 or was it 182 kabuki by mac (sorry i dont have them around now)
while i love the angled brush by mac to apply the blush
smiles.gif

used to apply bronzer on my whole face.. but i should try doing alka1's method better
smiles.gif

RoseMe

I also have to use non-187 brush for Orgasm, as I find it much less pigmented compared to other Nras blushes (not sure why).

frocher

If you are in a hurry, you can also lightly swirl the two colors together and apply. It gives a sun kissed glow-y look.

macosophy

i use laguna to contour and orgasm on my cheeks. i don't understand why so many people complain about orgasm not showing up on their skin very well. it shows perfectly fine on mine (i'm NC20-25), i even found myself toning it down a bit a few times. one thing i have a complain about is how deep throat and orgasm are just too similar. i shouldn't have gotten them both.

GoldenGurly02

I apply Laguna in the shape of a 3 on either side of my face...starting above my eyebrows going down to my chin area. Then I apply Orgasm on the apples of my cheeks!
winkiss.gif

User35

like stacylynn said...use the laguna with an angle brush and orgasm on the apples...i wear this almost everyday...I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

cmonster

Use Orgasm on the apples of your cheeks and then use laguna as a contour at the hollows of your cheeks. To find the hollow just suck your cheeks in and voila! start at the cheek bone and work your way into the hollows. Make sure you blend both colours in.

alka1

I'm sure you've all seen the blush/bronzers that come with different bronzy brown and pink stripes. Cargo has one (sunset beach I think), Too Faced has a similar one (pink leopard), Laura Geller Bronze-n-Brighten, Dior Sunshine Blush, etc..

I don't own any of those but i always thought they looked enticing. I do have my NARS orgasm/laguna duo, which I love, but never realized that I had the pinky and bronze colors I craved - they were simply not mixed together like the other ones.

so i took my fluffy 182 brush and dipped the middle of the brush into Laguna, then swiped each side of the brush into Orgasm. Mixed them together on my face and they created a bronzy glow with a unique color. match made in heaven!
love.gif

I highly suggest trying this
yes.gif