How do you depot your NYX singles?

L1LMAMAJ

Have you tried depotting these? It's an accident waiting to happen. I have shattered one before and got melted plastic stuck on my fingers. I'm a depotting whore and I just NEED to depot these. The method I've been using is the one with heat. I heat the plastic hot enough so I can poke the tin pan out. However, this method takes forever and is dangerous (fire hazard). Anyone have any ideas that are safe? I know Encore has a video of this but I don't have pliers. I have so many NYX singles and they're just taking up so much room. TIA!

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyv316
oops sorry
YouTube - Depotting NYX Single (square)

Thanks, I saw that video already. I don't think I should use any sharp objects because I'm the clumsiest person ever.
ssad.gif
I might end up cutting myself.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
they should make NYX palettes like the empty mac ones.

I know seriously!

nichollecaren

http://cgi.ebay.com/NYX-Single-Eyeshadow-New-Tester-Sample-20colors-each_W0QQitemZ370124261962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item370124261962&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318| 301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

I suppose this doesnt help if you've already bought the shadows?

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
http://cgi.ebay.com/NYX-Single-Eyeshadow-New-Tester-Sample-20colors-each_W0QQitemZ370124261962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item370124261962&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318| 301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

I suppose this doesnt help if you've already bought the shadows?

holy moly! i didn't know they sold those!! i always wondered how people got those palettes!!

Fataliya

I believe the ones on eBay are what distributors get when they sign up to sell.

I got several of those when I signed up.

with.the.band

I've heard that the testers aren't as pigmented as the actual products! I don't know, but I really love the NYX singles but haven't figured out where to put them once depotted!

nichollecaren

^^^my experience has been different...I always thought it was a trick...I would go to the pharmacy and test it...love the shade, buy the corresponding sealed one....and be like 'EY! the one in the pharmacy was nicer!!!'...the color payoff is the same, but I think the ones they put out to test seemed more refined. I concluded it maybe that the testers (these are the ones glued on to the stand) were made in the first batch, and subsequent batches would not have been made equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
I believe the ones on eBay are what distributors get when they sign up to sell.

I got several of those when I signed up.

you're right...thats how I know they existed, because I had seen some being used for a demo at a makeup show. There are blush and foundation ones too.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by with.the.band
I've heard that the testers aren't as pigmented as the actual products! I don't know, but I really love the NYX singles but haven't figured out where to put them once depotted!

I'm in the process of depotting as many NYX singles as I can. I put the depotted pans in a magnetic 15 pan palette (you can get them at starsmakeuphaven.com) and there ya go! Oh and I rip out the black foamy thing inside the palettes so it can fit the square shaped pans.