How long does the whole process take?

MakeupMuffin

Hi,
I applied to a Chanel counter at Macy's and talked to one of the counter managers there. She loved me, as I loved her too. She took down all my info, I gave her my resume and she said that now I had to go to HR to fill out a Macy's application and put her name as reference. This was on Wednesday. I am so anxious to get a call or email back. She said there would be 2 more interviews but not to worry that she'd be at the last "hands on" one. SO, how long has it took any of you to get a job at a counter or even an interview? I know it varies but I've been out of work for 6 months and really need to start working. I'm not quite ready to freelance yet. Any info will be appreciated!!

Loveleighe

i've haven't had a paycheck job for over a year myself. when i dropped off my resume on 1/26 got a call for a demo interview 1/29 on 2/6 i had my demo, plus my sitdown interview with both the RM and the Manager and i was hired the same day but this is for MAC I can't be certain as i've never worked for chanel. i do know that typically MAC has a very long interview process perhaps longer than most so you should be hearing from someone soon. i was told this time is a little frantic for employers since many are still coming down from the holiday rush and working out averages and paperwork from the end of the year.

MakeupMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveleighe
i've haven't had a paycheck job for over a year myself. when i dropped off my resume on 1/26 got a call for a demo interview 1/29 on 2/6 i had my demo, plus my sitdown interview with both the RM and the Manager and i was hired the same day but this is for MAC I can't be certain as i've never worked for chanel. i do know that typically MAC has a very long interview process perhaps longer than most so you should be hearing from someone soon. i was told this time is a little frantic for employers since many are still coming down from the holiday rush and working out averages and paperwork from the end of the year.

Thank you, and some day I would love to work for MAC!

MakeupMuffin

Looks like I missed a call from Macy's today. I ran to my phone and it was too late! They didn't leave a message which was odd. I called back and only got the system, so I left a message. booooooooo!
ssad.gif

weezee

Bummer that you missed the call! I'm sure you'll get a call back. If not, maybe stop by the counter in a couple of days or call and ask to speak to the manager you talked to before. At least your Macy's is hiring. Ours is going through a hiring freeze right now and I was told that there wouldn't be a job opening until around the first of April.
cry.gif

MakeupMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezee
Bummer that you missed the call! I'm sure you'll get a call back. If not, maybe stop by the counter in a couple of days or call and ask to speak to the manager you talked to before. At least your Macy's is hiring. Ours is going through a hiring freeze right now and I was told that there wouldn't be a job opening until around the first of April.
cry.gif

A freeze? Really? Like no hiring at all? Where are you located? Have you tried other Macy's or Nordstroms? I applied on line every month for 5 months and never got a response, until I figured I need to get up in there and talk to the source. Have you done that?
I will most definitely contact the manager if I don't get a call in a week. I'm going down fighting!
smiles.gif

weezee

Yup, no hiring at all in any department. I am located in Salem, Oregon. I have applied at Nordstrom. I got a letter stating that I would be a great asset to their team; however they have no openings at this time. Why was the job listed on their website as being available?
th_dunno.gif
I prefer working at Macy's anyhow.

Yes, I am keeping in touch with the cosmetics manager and she has my resume. She is trying to figure out where to put me and two other girls she wants to hire.....presuming the cosmetic company rep/reps like us that is.
winks.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Yup, no hiring at all in any department. I am located in Salem, Oregon. I have applied at Nordstrom. I got a letter stating that I would be a great asset to their team; however they have no openings at this time. Why was the job listed on their website as being available?
th_dunno.gif

macys has done that to me before.. they keep job postings up but than say they don't have any openings
angry.gif

MakeupMuffin

Quote:
th_dunno.gif
I prefer working at Macy's anyhow.

Yes, I am keeping in touch with the cosmetics manager and she has my resume. She is trying to figure out where to put me and two other girls she wants to hire.....presuming the cosmetic company rep/reps like us that is.
winks.gif

This has happened to me too, the job postings online but then no response. I finally got a hold of a Macy's recruiter via email (1 or 2 months ago) and she had said there was a mistake in the postings that they were not hiring at pretty much all Macy's West. Until I went to Chanel and asked and they had just had an opening there and told me to apply in store at the kiosk. I think that worked better but I MISSED ANOTHER PHONE CALL THE DAY AFTER THE FIRST ONE!!!!!
ssad.gif

I called and left messages for the recruiters. I called the manager I had first talked to and she directed me to anther manager so I called her and she said she was still looking at applications, she took my number and said she'd call me back. It's been 3 days and nothing. Not even Macy's tried calling again after the second missed call. Why? God Why?

Good luck to all, it's not so easy.... :*(

BEA2LS

Macy*s gave me the same run around.. I had 7 interviews in all.. Three different counters, different companies, it has been two months since this has started and I gave up. It was a dream of mine to work at a cosmetic counter but it has been too much wasted time and I have lost respect for both Macy*s as well as two of the three companies I intereviewed for. Dispite my experience, etc. they kept switching me off to different companies. Each time I loved the manager, and they seemed to like me but than i didn't hear anything. As I have said, this has been going on since Jan! I got real close but than gave up and skipped my last interview. I was missing too much time away from my full time (this was for a second job) and decided it was not worth it.

Latest posts