How long would 5 grams of MAC pigment last if....

xjslx

... you only used it on the eyes 2x's a week? Just need to know if I should get a back-up jar of said pigment, thx!

xKiKix

pigments usually last a VERY long time, an eyeshadow is 1.5 g (from mac) and i basically use it 3-4 times a week for the past year and it's gonna take forever to finish the pan. so if a pigment is 5 g, i think it should last you quite a long time down the road.

personally i wouldn't buy a backup unless its LE and you really like the texture (considering that even with repromotion that the texture might change)

Care

if you're thinking about those 5g sample jars, they're misleading. They don't have 5g of pigment, they hold 5mL of water. a 5g jar is about 1/3 of the regular (old style pigment 7.5g) pigment jars or 1 tbsp. I'd imagine a full 5g sample jar would last you a few years if you're constantly using it.

If you're talking about actually 5 grams of pigment i'd think you'd be ok with it and wouldn't need a backup because I'm sure something better will come along before you had time to run out!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjslx
it's the old 7.5 g MAC jar, about 70% full.... so do I need a backup?

No, I don't think so. You really don't need much of a pigment for an eye look.

LMD84

honestly i have only come close to using up one jar of pigment. and that is because i used it not only on my eyes, but on my cheeks, turned it into a gloss and also used it with body lotion. so i have re-bought that one... but even with all bthose uses over a space of 3 years it wasn't actually finished!