How to ask a guy out...

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR
You'll still be friends though it might be a little weird at first...but it will more than likely work itself out.

I think thats the part that stops a lot of friends from going out. IMHO it does change everything. I've turned down guy friends b4, and sometimes it does make things really wierd. Just because I also wonder if I'm around him if he's still secretly likes me, even though he says he's over it and knows I'm not into him. Or is he just hanging out so he can be around me and hope that it will turn around.

Honestly for me, once I've turned someone down i usually dont ever want to see that person again. Thats why I rarely ever date friends and the few guys friends I have know this. Not to mention all the drama it brings by dating someone in your friends circle if the couple involved breaks up. Especially if it's a bad breakup, who's people end up being forced to choose sides, who they wanna hang out with, etc etc etc. Especially for me since all my relationships thus far have ended in breakup, thats more drama than I want to deal with.

So i generally stick to dating people i dont know before, or only know very casually (as in we see each other at something we attend, but we dont hang out anywhere else). This way if something goes wrong, it doesn't have much of an impact on the rest of my life. I think it's important to keep some parts of your life seperate, this way if one part falls apart (relationship) you still have another stable part to fall back on for support (friends that you have seperate from your "couple friends").

I already learned from my mistakes and from friends mistakes when we were all dating each others friends. Drama alert LOL. I even dated a roomates EX (well they were never oficially a couple but you get the drift) once, and omg did that create drama (was fun though for a moment LOL)

Indigowaters

Well I asked if he knew if anyone was going to the movies last week by text and left a message saying that when I call he's always busy (he told me he wanted a picture of me so that it could show up on his phone but it wouldn't show up anyways because I never call). So he hasn't called back or text'd me since. And he's the one who initiated the whole "I want your picture" thing!!! I think he just wants to make it seem as if women (myself included) are running after him. He should know by now that I'm not one to do that. So...let's just say he's history (as far as dating goes).

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhubby
Okay you like him but you’re not sure how he feels about you?

It’s pretty simple really. Invite him to go somewhere with you. Make it casual like lunch or a local event. Watch his eyes. If his eyes are always wandering all over the place checking out other women he’s into you as a friend. If his eyes constantly make contact with yours and he points out things that he thinks might be of interest to you he’s interested. It’s THAT SIMPLE.

Sometimes guys are low on funds and they want to IMPRESS the women they are interested in and, lets face it, in this day and age that can be tough to do.

Of course that’s just my advice I could be wrong but I married a hot woman who is 15 years younger than me so maybe my formula isn’t all wrong eh?

LOL!!

Indigowaters

Huh? Where did this ^ come from?
hmm.gif

LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
I think thats the part that stops a lot of friends from going out. IMHO it does change everything. I've turned down guy friends b4, and sometimes it does make things really wierd. Just because I also wonder if I'm around him if he's still secretly likes me, even though he says he's over it and knows I'm not into him. Or is he just hanging out so he can be around me and hope that it will turn around.

Ah, okay. I gotcha. I think I've been married so long I've forgotten the in's & out's and the intricacies of dating. Plus, being so much older perhaps I'm more direct about that kinda stuff.

Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted, Indigowaters.

Indigowaters

That's ok! My mom thinks he's hideous anyways. It's just that he was soooo charming and shows alot of attention. Too bad it's to so many women.
ssad.gif
Plus he's crosseyed. Lol.
lmao.gif

Bre

Yeh sorry chick but don't let it deter you going after what you want in the future - he was just a warm-up

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Huh? Where did this ^ come from?
hmm.gif

I explained the thread to my husband, and he sent me that reply.
smiles.gif

stacey

The way I asked my then "friend", now husband, out on a date:

(already in conversation)
Me: So, when you going to take me out to dinner?
Him: Dinner?
Me: Yea, dinner? Friday? When you going to pick me up?

smiles.gif

Mind you, I kissed him first too.

Indigowaters

I don't know if I'm going to be trying anymore. I heard it's flattering to guys but they like to be the one to do the chasing.

Uchina

Sit next to him in church? And after service, say "oh GOSH I'm hungry! I woke up late so I haven't had breakfast yet!" If he's a gentleman, he'll invite you to Ihop.

Men find an appetite sexy. There is something extremely sensual about food. In the meantime, "accidentally" brush your leg against his under the table. Since you're a shy girl, act all embarassed for about 3 seconds and apologize.

If you're not good at flirting, get together with one of your attractive gay male friends and practice.

Indigowaters

Nah, it just wasn't going to work out. He wants me to run behind him and that's different than flirting. I've moved on.

Glow

I just wait till the times right and then I ask what's going on between us. It's how I got my boyfriend to ask me out anyways. Haha.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey
The way I asked my then "friend", now husband, out on a date:

(already in conversation)
Me: So, when you going to take me out to dinner?
Him: Dinner?
Me: Yea, dinner? Friday? When you going to pick me up?

smiles.gif

Mind you, I kissed him first too.

lol... yeh i like approaches like that. Those are fun ones, i've had guys do that to me before. Nothing is more sexy than confidence, whatever the approach.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchina
If you're not good at flirting, get together with one of your attractive gay male friends and practice.

lol... i think that would end up with both of us ROFL at the idea, if your gay friends are anything like the ones i've known in the past.