How to make LUSH baths more moisturizing?

MACreation

I loove LUSH and it's scents in bath stuff. But I came out of my bath feeling smooth, then I toweled off, dried down, and was scaly skinned all over my body
ssad.gif
I want to use their products, but how can i keep my scent from my bath? Maybe I can use a bath oil that's unscented? I don't want to give up LUSH because of my dry skin
ssad.gif

girlstar

I use a body butter like aqua mirabilis of buffy before getting out. I actually did that this morning, because I've been dry these past few days in this horrible cold weather. I applied some buffy before I got out, and I've been moisturised all day
smiles.gif
They're listed under skincare on the site!

aeni

Dry off au natural?

I'm a Lush lover too, but I'm more of their bar soap and lotion fan.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyens
lush isnt better then those bath they sell at drug stores... lush is a scam

eeksign.gif

"Oh Reginald! I disagree!"

I love Lush on so many levels that drug stores could not compete with.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyens
lush isnt better then those bath they sell at drug stores... lush is a scam

That you for that relevent addition to this discussion.

It depends on what you're using. Any bath or shower is going to be dehydrating to your skin - prolonged exposure to water draws oil away from the skin, leading to dehydration - so it's a matter of replacing it with something equally moisturising. Go for a bath bomb or melt that's got shea butter in it, or rub down with a butter-based bar.
smiles.gif

MACreation

I will def be purchasing the aqua mirabilis and buffy! The look eggggcelent
smiles.gif
I also know I need to stick to shorter baths ICANT HELP IT!!

MichelleM

I find that the addition of a Butterball makes any bath much more moisturizing and yummy.
smiles.gif
Unfortunately, it also makes them much more expensive, but that's just kind of how it is with Lush.
ssad.gif

Christi239

Alot of Lush lovers are converting to FantasyBath(.com). I've not tried them yet, but the girls on Lush forums are raving for their less expensive, larger size, and moisturing bath bombs.

springsdancer

Also I haven't actually tried it yet, but Dream On ballistic has the same ingrediants as Dream Cream, so I would think that would help to moisturize your skin
thmbup.gif

lara

I love Butterball ballistics. It's a pain to clean the bath later, but it's worth it just for that lovely silky soft skin afterwards.
smiles.gif

MACreation

I couldn't stop myself, I ordered a few ballistics from Fantasy bath, and a body butter. I hope they work ok
smiles.gif

Mixxi

I use Lush all the time and you can throw in a butterball or for a cheaper alternative you can just buy cocoa butter or shea butter and add a little bit to your bath. You can also use bits of massage bars as bath melts to add moisture and even Jungle (the solid hair conditioner!). Or maybe just use a body lotion afterwards? I'm never dry after a lush bath if i apply lotion. The only thing I find slightly drying are Lush's bubble bars but with a bit of lotion or a bath melt they're fine.

Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christi239
Alot of Lush lovers are converting to FantasyBath(.com). I've not tried them yet, but the girls on Lush forums are raving for their less expensive, larger size, and moisturing bath bombs.

Yup! I'm trying to use up my Lush bombs and you can't even compare them to Lush's! Fantasy Bath's bombs are SO moisturizing..I never need to use lotion after taking a bath using one of them.

magi

I make bath bombs myself and the secrets are the oils that have been used. So if you love LUSH but miss some moisture, add some oil or butter to your bath. Maybe cocoa butter - this will melt in the water. Or use some sweet almond oil or whatever oil you like. Only a bit. It will swim on the top of the water, but if you leave the bath it stiks on your skin and keeps the moisture of the water in your skin :-D