How to Organize a Pallet?!

ebonyannette

Ok I need help!!!
I tried to organize my pallets last night and I had the hardest time figuring out how to do it.
weeping.gif

I know the color spectrum is R.O.Y. G. B.I.V. (got that from Spectra members)

But Do you start of with the lighter pale colors to the darker colors?
for instance if I have
Girlie, Swish, Purple Shower, Hepcat and Sketch would they go in the pallet in that order? and then for the orange start with Arean, Orange Tangent, Orange?

I also had trouble figuring out where to put certain colors like the browns..where do they go after the violets?
and if I have a color like Club does that go with greens or browns? Does Sketch go with the purples or the browns?:confused:

ilovexnerdsx

its really up to how many shadows you have. if you have a TON of shadows, you'd need a pallete for reds, another for oranges, and so on. if you dont have many, it's pretty much up to your personal opinion and what you think looks best. you may want to do blues in one row, greens in one row, purples in one... sorry i couldnt be of more help
ssad.gif
but i hope you figure it out!

lara

Put them in however you want. There isn't a law about it.

I have my kit palettes split up by colour spectrum because it's a set of working eyeshadows and I need it laid out so art directors can look at it and pick their colours easily. My personal palettes are a mixed hodge-podge of colours, sorted by what I use most to least. Just keep shuffling them around until you find what you like.

YvetteJeannine

Personally, I go from lightest to darkest...but that's just me. If you have another palette left after you do the rest of your colors, set up a neutral palette...that's where you can put your browns, tans, blacks, whites..etc....

Just...set things up how they're most useful to you
smiles.gif

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Put them in however you want. There isn't a law about it.

I have my kit palettes split up by colour spectrum because it's a set of working eyeshadows and I need it laid out so art directors can look at it and pick their colours easily. My personal palettes are a mixed hodge-podge of colours, sorted by what I use most to least. Just keep shuffling them around until you find what you like.

iagree.gif

TrusyMyEyes

My shadows aren't organized at all..and I am a MUA. I keep them like that because I like to be creative. When I am talking with Photogs about MU ideas..I basically discuss the colors..they see browns...and reds and blues..they don't know the finish or how the color really comes out..

I don't have many shadows..probably like 100. But, honestly I don't need anymore..I just like shopping I think.

Even in my personal case..I keep it unorganized. ..It really allows you to come up with new looks everytime. Beause You have to know your product and not just think green or blue.

Eemaan

i have seperate palettes for similar colours

browns and golds
maroons
pinks
whites
dark browns and blacks
greens
blues
etc
smiles.gif

Beachgrl07

I agree with putting them in however you want! Then again I only have 21 eyeshadows so I don't have much to organize when my 15 pan comes in!
cheerleader.gif

knoxydoll

You really put them however you want.
But I got l-r darkest to lightest, browns can either go with golds, oranges or other neutrals.
I have Pinks/Reds on the tops and then Purples, then blues, then greens, then yellows. then my browns/golds, the whites, greys, and blacks.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I have sperate palettes for colors Ie. a neutral p., a pink p. a blue p., a green one and so on. From there theyre placed from lightest to darkest in their palettes. But I have a palette just for my pro colors which is in ROYGIVB.