i can never win with my damn skin

kimmy

so, my skin's finally pretty clear (or, was, at least.) but everytime when that lovely monthly visitor comes around, it destroys my skin and breaks me out like i'm still thirteen years old and just coming into it. is there anything that can prevent this, besides birth control?

i don't trust medicines and i definately don't trust doctors so i'd rather not go with the pill unless that's the only way possible. i'd much rather use a certain cleanser, toner, masque...anything but the pill really..

Simply Elegant

A few days before you think you'll break out, moisturize with something oil free at night and then apply a very light layer of an acne cream all over your face or wherever you usually break out. Do this until your period ends and they shouldn't get to be as big or last as long as normal. I don't know if they still make this but the Body Shop makes a really good green clay mask that is so good for acne. Make sure you use sunscreen every day as well so that if your blemishes leave marks that the scars won't have a chance to get darker and become permanent. It would probably help to keep your hair tied back when you sleep too and change your pillowcases often.

Shimmer

If it's hormonal, only something that affects your hormones will help it, I'm afraid. :/

Im the exact same as you! I dread that time of the month (not only for the insane cramping) but also for the breakouts. I dont really think there is a way you can stop them from happening because it is hormonal, just gear up in terms of acne medication

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
If it's hormonal, only something that affects your hormones will help it, I'm afraid. :/

iagree.gif