I have Dollymix, should I keep Nars Desire?

ThePowderPuff

I have dollymix but wanted a more neutral pink. So in a rush at a Nars counter on my holiday in London i bought Desire. Don't know what I was thinking, because here at home they look quite similar in the pan, and Desire definitely don't look paler than dollymix. It looks very bold and strong.

How are the two different? Will I benefit from Desire when I have Dollymix? Should I keep it or pass it on?

Mabelle

i have both and i would say they are diffrent enough. I find Desire to be more matt, and to be much lighter (same intensity) and cooler than Dollymix.
However, if you dont think youll get enough use out of it maybe exchange it for something like dolce Vida, which has a touch of plum to it. It's described as a dusty rose, which i would say is accurate. It's def. not as bright as the other two.
If thats too muted try outlaw. It's darker and more pinky, but still not as punchy and almost neon as the two you have. Its out of all my blushes i would say its most comparable to plum foolery, but more pink than plum. very pretty colour!

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i have both and i would say they are diffrent enough. I find Desire to be more matt, and to be much lighter (same intensity) and cooler than Dollymix.
However, if you dont think youll get enough use out of it maybe exchange it for something like dolce Vida, which has a touch of plum to it. It's described as a dusty rose, which i would say is accurate. It's def. not as bright as the other two.
If thats too muted try outlaw. It's darker and more pinky, but still not as punchy and almost neon as the two you have. Its out of all my blushes i would say its most comparable to plum foolery, but more pink than plum. very pretty colour!

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't take it back. We don't have Nars here in Denmark. I bought it on vacation in London.

What do you mean by much lighter but same intensity?

Mabelle

i would say desire is like a very intense/saturated version of almost a baby pink.
dolly mix is straight up hot hot pink.

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i would say desire is like a very intense/saturated version of almost a baby pink.
dolly mix is straight up hot hot pink.

So in that way it makes sence to keep both.

I have both and while I think they're in the same family I still think they're different. I think Desire is a lot more natural, I usually use a little bit on the tops of the apples of my cheeks for a nice flushed look. I guess I would use Dollymix in the same way however I find it to be more intense and has a bit of a shimmer in it I guess? To sum it up I would use Desire for day and Dollymix for evening. I like both and use both but if you're not a huge collector and feel they're too similar I'd keep Desire over Dollymix...I find I've been reaching for that one a lot lately.

peachesxsan

I have both and like Desire better. I actually don't like Dollymix too much, it makes me look ruddy. Desire is a nice baby pink when applied lightly. It looks pretty in person but makes me look ruddy in pictures =/

chickatthegym

I am so glad I found this thread! I was wondering the same thing because they look the same in the pan. I have Dollymix and I am debating over whether or not to get NARs Desire. I think I will now
smiles.gif
Thank you!