I think I accidentally ruined my falsies

zabbazooey

I purchased MAC 21's today...I am a first time false eyelash user. I took them off, and i read somewhere to soak them in warm soapy water to remove glue residue. I think they lost their shape, and I can't use them again....please help?

MiCHiE

Sorry to hear that. You should never soak MAC's lashes. They can't withstand water. In the future, you want to remove the glue with alcohol, careful not to immerse the hairs. I usually hold mine by the hair and spray the strip with alcohol.

baroquely

I'm sorry to hear about your poor lashes.
ssad.gif

The best way I've found to clean them is to use a tweezer to tweeze off the hunks of glue that are left after you take them off and then get a q-tip a little wet with makeup remover and wipe them down.

I hope you get another pair... they're so much fun.

zabbazooey

Grrr I'm so mad!! A tutorial told me to soak them....crap...well at least it's another excuse to go back to MAC tomorrow.

Hazel

Ive soaked mine with water and alcohol to clean them but then i dry them and i curl them with a lash curler and their still good. Hope this can help
winks.gif

cyberkitten

Yapp, definately try using a curling iron (make sure it won't be too hot) to re-shape them. That's how I keep my (real hair!!) false lashes in shape.

Latest posts