If you had to pick which counter would you choose?

georgia7377

Part-time position at Nordstroms MAC or at Macy's? Any feedback to help my decision would help. Thank you.
winks.gif

purrtykitty

Nordstrom's MAC Counter given the choice between the two, I prefer to shop at Nordstrom. Plus, the discount would be fab!

calbear

just a thought... are u asking this question of people who work at either location or are u asking people who shop at those locations? that really makes a difference.

georgia7377

People who work at Nordstroms and or Macy's.

I know for Nordstoms, I would be working for Nordstroms. Macy's I would be working for MAC.

I'm just trying to find out the difference between the two. Advantages, disadvantages, etc.

Thank you much!

Love Always Ivy

I beleive Nordie's has commission and the discounts are really out of control, especially in the holidays. plus Nordy's has a better reputation than macys, or at least in my opinion they are better.

Bernadette

Macy's. I've worked for Nordstrom (at a different line, not MAC) and their HR was terrible. Although Macy's isn't very good to their employees as a MAC employee, you don't work for Macy's and aren't very affected by them. When pay comes into play, it balances itself out except for possibly the holiday season when commision would be better.
Each location would have it's pros and cons but that is just my two cents. I should metnion that I work for MAC at a Macy's location.

miinx

nordstrom, assuming you can handle the ridiculous return policies they have without losing your mind, lol.