Illamasqua Selling at Sephora in July...YEAH!!!

LatteQueen

Dear readers, I tried to get this info to you earlier. I really did.

But when I went knocking on Illamasqua's door last October, telling the U.K. brand I wanted to share their awesomeness with my compatriots, I was rebuffed with a polite but curt reply letting me know the brand was not planning on launching in the U.S.

Well, that all changed. So harassed by writers and beauty obsessives like myself, Illamasqua has decided to launch their line of electric, eccentric color cosmetics at Sephora.

"Illamasq-wha!?!" you ask?

llamasqua is a brand created for the alter ego that exists within -- your inner rock star, your inner anime character, whatever.

With influences ranging from 1920s Weimar cabaret culture to London club kids to everything in between, Illamasqua's connection to its customers is considerably more emotional than your average cosmetic brand's.

It's about individualism with this brand, which is why creative types like Kate Moss, Lily Allen, Beth Ditto and Karen O are fans.

On July 21, Illamasqua's 200 best-selling products will be available on Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance. (Sephora Times Square, NYC will stock the line as of July 31, followed by a 25-store launch in October and November.)

Some highlights to check out: The thick, glossy long-wearing Nail Varnish (in a rainbow of offbeat colors); yummy, moisturizing, high-pigment Lipstick and the very versatile 4-Colour Powder Eye Shadow Palette, which miraculously straddle both your in-office and after-work personalities.

Happy experimenting!
  • addthis_pub = 'weblogsinc'; addthis_options = 'digg, facebook, delicious, myspace, aolfav, propeller, google, live, stumbleupon, reddit, favorites, technorati, aim, more'; Share
  • Print
  • Comments (0)