I'm getting so anxious! Heeelp!

ellale

Hey everyone!
smiles.gif

Sorry if this is a repost to another forum, I'm new here to this site, and I love it! I'm glad I found this site, it's really helpful, and I love how its mainly revolved upon cosmetics! So anyways, I feel like I'm in need of help here! Clinique girls, I need mainly your help! It's greatly appreciated if anyone offers any word of advice too. Okay ... so here's my situation.

I didn't start working for cosmetics too long ago, say 3-4 months ago. I got the idea of wanting to work for cosmetics, because honestly ... It looks fun and enjoying! Well anyways, I initially applied for a part-time position for Clinique, for the first time at Sears. So I had my interview with the cosmetic manager, and she really liked me, so she told me that I would have a "talent plus" phone interview with the Clinique representative for my area (Edmonton, Alberta). When the interview occured, everything seemed to be going smoothly and I felt confident. However, as the interview progressed, the questions seemed to get harder and harder and even more harder, and I started to say gibberish. I found out that I didn't get the position for Clinique, and honestly, I cried ... I was so sad, because I love Clinique, and I knew I would be a great consultant for them. So then the cosmetic manager offered me a part-time position for Biotherm, and I accepted it because it would be great to gain some experience. I got the job a week later, and it was great learning about the cosmetic industry and what it had to offer. However, I had to quit 3 months later because I moved to the other part of the city, but I was still determined to work for Clinique, so I called up the cosmetic manager from The Bay, and she said they had a part-time position open. I had my interview a day later, which was yesterday, with the cosmetic manager and the Clinique counter manager, and it seemed to have went really well. I felt more confidence during the interview process because I had experience. So they told me they would give in a good word to my representative for Clinique, and ask for a second chance. So my question to everyone is, do you think I will get a second chance with another talent plus? If so, how should I prepare for the phone interview, and guarantee that I obtain the part-time position. What can I do to "step up my game"? Lisa, the cosmetic manager, told me that the Clinique representative would call me within a week, but what if I don't recieve a call? what should I do? Ahh ... everyone, I'm sorry for my long rant, but I need help help help! And also, I got an interview with Sephoras next tuesday, and guess what? They don't care that I'm not 18! =)

BEA2LS

I cannot offer too many advice, I just want to say good luck. i am anxious, too.. waiting to hear back from origins to see how if i got the job. she said i did very well on the talent plus but the other girl going for it did well, too and it's a tough decision. :/

good luck to both of us! i would just try to relax next time if i were you though. i know i was nervous during my interview.. also, maybe have paper in front of you with things you don't want to forget to bring up. i know there are a few things i wished i remember to mention. don't feel bad about the crying.. i will seriously cry if i don't get this job...

good luck!

shorty

I say go over the previous call in your head, write down as many things as you can, reseach like mad and just be prepared, try not to be nervous and just sell yourself...

if they dont call, then chase it up!! dont give up!