I'm in love

GGBlu

I have found the holy grail. I bought UDPP a few months back because of all the wonderful things I'd read about it, and have to admit, I kind of hated it. I found it to be watery, with a consistency that didn't allow much to stick to it. And it creased on me. I don't mean it would crease my shadows ... I mean the primer itself creased. No matter how long I would stand with eyes closed to let it dry, it would *always* crease. I took to using MAC paints, shadesticks and fluidlines as my bases and letting the UDPP collect dust.

And then I found Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. I bought it last week, used it for the first time today ... and holy crap. This stuff is thick, goes on smooth, and WORKS. I've had my shadow on since about 7:30 this morning (and it's now 11:15 at night) and it's still flawless. There is no creasing, no fading, no nothing. It looks as fresh as it did this morning (minus the smudged liner and now non-existent mascara!). I'm wearing silver and black, two colors that will notoriously crease on me by mid day. But not today ... perfection.

I am SO glad I bought the Smashbox lid primer. And for $20, I don't feel like I'm being over charged ... UDPP was almost that much and worked like crap for me.

th_worship.gif
Smashbox photo finish lid primer.
th_worship.gif

makeup_queen81

i just might have to give that a try..i use to use UDPP but i think it's ok but a waste of money..i use TFSI and i really like that.

TISH1124

I have it ...I used it a couple times..I really don't recall finding it any better than UDPP...But I will have to pull it out and try it again it's been a minute

Edit: I remember why I stopped wearing it...it had a orange tint on my skin

*neerja*

oh woww lol I bought it, but it actually creased on me! and plus, its like soo pale for my skin *-) so the days when i don't want to wear eyeshadow, i usually just put on a lid primer to prevent my lids from getting oily and im good to go. but it looked odd on my eyelids. looked like i caked on a VERY VERY light shade of concealer on my eyelids ..

i'll give it another try tomorrow and see what happens