is jane cosmetics being d/c?

L1LMAMAJ

Sorry if this is not the right place to discuss this or if another thread has been started (i didn't find one when i searched).

I don't know if it's just the drugstores near me but every rite aid i got to in my area has like 5 jane items. some are labeled as 75% off but the selection is very bad. i wanted to check out some of their lippies cuz one of them is supposedly a dupe for mac's marquise d which is one of my fave lippies from MAC. i also checked ulta but they had like 10 things. waaah i liked jane cosmetics too. someone tell me it isn't true?

User38

Jane Cosmetics has filed for Chapt. 11.. they are in bankruptcy and looking to reorganize... if this doesn't happen they will go to Chapt. 7 and RIP.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Jane Cosmetics has filed for Chapt. 11.. they are in bankruptcy and looking to reorganize... if this doesn't happen they will go to Chapt. 7 and RIP.

ahhh sad...
ssad.gif
where can i find more info on this?

TISH1124

Who???

sorry LilMamaJ...you know I love saying that....I think I have one Jane e/s ...I really like it though

kayley123

Oh, wow, that IS sad...I wondered why the local Walgreens had their stuff at 50% and 75% off...I'm glad I grabbed a few blushes and things while they had them!

L1LMAMAJ

i loved their gel liners! they are seriously better than mac blacktrack (to me at least) and they were like 6.95!! stays on all day. <3

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
Oh, wow, that IS sad...I wondered why the local Walgreens had their stuff at 50% and 75% off...I'm glad I grabbed a few blushes and things while they had them!

Ahh I wish I went earlier because by the time I realized, there were only like 5 things left and they were all opened and used. Nastayyy. There is a reason why they're sealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Who???

sorry LilMamaJ...you know I love saying that....I think I have one Jane e/s ...I really like it though

I only have their gel liners and they're amazing!

xKiKix

i tried their eyeliners and its really smooth but now that they're proli gonna be dc'ed i feel sad because they were really cheap but only had a few left.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
i tried their eyeliners and its really smooth but now that they're proli gonna be dc'ed i feel sad because they were really cheap but only had a few left.

Yea i know! well hopefully another company bails them out like what stila went thru...should've bought more gel liners.

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
Yea i know! well hopefully another company bails them out like what stila went thru...should've bought more gel liners.

exactly, we should've brought more when we had the chance! lol

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I tried their eyeliners but each one I got was dry as heck. Had to return them.

That really sucks.
ssad.gif
Maybe the container wasn't air sealed.

btw are u a guru on yt? i've seen your videos. i like them!

Yushimi

Hmm this sucks. I heard their blushes were good. Guess this is my chance to grab some up while they're still avaliable
ssad.gif

VintageAqua

Yeah I'm sad about this too.
I used to use their oil-free concealer back in the day. It's a great dupe for select cover-up.

If any of you can find their shimmery blushes/bronzer lines, I highly recommend them, especially for $3-4. I picked up a few and they dupe BB shimmer bricks!

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageAqua
Yeah I'm sad about this too.
I used to use their oil-free concealer back in the day. It's a great dupe for select cover-up.

If any of you can find their shimmery blushes/bronzer lines, I highly recommend them, especially for $3-4. I picked up a few and they dupe BB shimmer bricks!

Yeah, they flake a lot less and are less flyaway!

reesesilverstar

I thought it was just Walgreens not carrying them again. I really like Brownie Points. Works great for my brows. I'll hafta go stock up then.

MACLovin

aww, yeah i saw all their stuff on sale at walgreens too. their blushes are nice, and the new acquaceuticals lipsticks are pretty. The Acquaceuticals tinted moisturizer is awesome too!

moonchild30

I think after June they won't sell anything anymore. A friend who works at walgreens said that they are no longer receiving anyting from Jane.