Is MAC pro longwear concealer the right product for me?

NC919

The title says it all. I am looking for a concealer for the HOT and HUMID southern heat. I will be using it to cover acne and acne scars, and I also have an oily T-Zone. Finally, I want to wear it without anything else, and I have read that once it dries, it looks really natural.

Any opinions on this product? Thanks!

matchachoco

It is a great full coverage concealer, good for under eye circles and acne scars, and it blends evenly and naturally. I use it when I need heavier coverage and it typically lasts all day, but I live in the northern US. I wear it with foundation (Laura Mercier) and MAC Careblend powder on top.

The reason it might not be the product you are looking for is that it might not wear well by itself in high heat and humidity. I think it needs at least a setting powder on top, if not a primer underneath as well, to really stand up to heat and humidity for more than a couple hours. A friend of mine with oily skin used it for her summer wedding in Jamaica, and she wore it with primer, foundation, and setting powder, but then again, she was being extra careful because it was for her wedding. It did last all day and she looked flawless in her pictures, by the way!

I think it would be worth seeing if you can get a sample of this concealer from the MAC counter, at least enough for a couple days. I think it can stand up to oily skin, but the added issues of heat and humidity might be too much for it.

JulieDiva

This is my current fave concealer...HG status for me. I find it is the only one that does not settle into fine lines and it lasts forever. i do not have extreme heat here though, I agree you should try to sample first. I can wear it on humid days, walk the dog with sweat pouring off my face and it still looks good...eyeliner is worn off, mascara smudged, but concealer is still there.

pandorablack

I use the mineralize concealer with Studio Fix foundation in 100 degree temps and it doesn't melt off my face. But, I do use a primer (napoleon perdis), setting powder (urban decay) and setting spray (urban decay). I find if I use all three things my makeup is totally sweat proof.

naayla2012

I prefer the select cover up concealer I think it does a better job concealing scars than the prolong wear does

StacyLove

I live in NC (swampy weather 24/7) and I love the pro longwear concealer. I do feel that it gives awesome coverage but it can feel a little dry on my skin if I don't moisturize and prime first. And be careful when you are using the pump because A LOT will come out and you only need a tiny bit.

kitty-lin

I don´t like the pro longwear concealer. I bought it as a full coverage concealer to cover up acne scars and red spots and it simply doesn´t work for me!
It doesn´t cover up my acne scars. Maybe I am doing something wrong/ should do something differently but I tried so much and was never satisfied with the result.