Is there a trick to Colourstay lipcolours?

jadelina

I may be a complete gumby but I never seem to be able to make this things actually STAY.

**Please excuse me if this is in the wrong section. I am a complete newbie. I did do a search but couldn't find anything**

I was recently reading a great review about the Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Lipcolours. They are the ones that are like a gloss {they don't have the clear opposite end}. This person was actually using them for professional use for brides so i thought i would buy some to give them a go.

Now, i never have luck with these types of lippies. The only place they seem to never budge on me is the back of my hand when i am testing them
lol.gif

Does anyone here use these lippies or similar? What is your trick to make them stay?

I always have the same problem, no matter how well i prime, line, light coat, heavy coat, blot, don't blot..... The still always come off.

&, for me, they usually come off but leave a slight coating [if that makes sense] so if you reapply with the same lippie it goes all funny.

Anyone else have this problem, or some advice/tips on how to actually make them stay.

TIA

Jade
xoxoxo

NotteRequiem

If you're using lip liner or primer of any kind, I think that might be the biggest contributor to your problem.

Most longwear lipsticks [MAC included, as well as drug store brands] only really work if you put them on bare, unmoisturized lips and let try for a few minutes. That's how the formula works.
smiles.gif

HTH!

bellaboomboom

I have tried a few...don't like any of them and stay away now. They just make my lips too dry and I hate the way they feel on my lips...dry and sometimes grainy. YUCK! Plus I just did not like the way any of them looked on me.