is there any place in canada to get UD other than sephora?

infernalmachine

UD's website doesn't ship here (bumholes!) and sephora is poopy... i'm in toronto, anybody know of anyplace that sells UD swag?

mae13

You know what really sucks? Because of the Language Police in Quebec, we can't even get UD here. Not until UD changes their packaging anyway.

(If you're in Toronto, why don't you just go the the Sephora locations there?)

Deirdre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
You know what really sucks? Because of the Language Police in Quebec, we can't even get UD here. Not until UD changes their packaging anyway.

Actually, that may well be why no one in the country can get it. Even in BC French labeling on products is imperative. Some people seem to get around it, but it's against the law. If French language laws are the reason Canadians are being blocked on various cosmetic products, that would totally suck.

I'm going to have to get down to Seattle, sometime, so I can go to the Sephora's there. I've wanted to for a long time.

I hear that Vancouver Pacific Centre will be getting a Sephora's in time for 2010. Yeah, if anything is going to happen in B.C., it will be down to 2010. lol

Mabelle

The Sephora in the Rideau Center carries UD (in ottawa) as does the one in the edmonton mall.

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre
Actually, that may well be why no one in the country can get it. Even in BC French labeling on products is imperative. Some people seem to get around it, but it's against the law. If French language laws are the reason Canadians are being blocked on various cosmetic products, that would totally suck.

I'm going to have to get down to Seattle, sometime, so I can go to the Sephora's there. I've wanted to for a long time.

I hear that Vancouver Pacific Centre will be getting a Sephora's in time for 2010. Yeah, if anything is going to happen in B.C., it will be down to 2010. lol

The language regs in the rest of Canada are a little more lax. There needs to be a certain amount of bilingualism in terms of the product name, whereas in Quebec the ingredients also need to be translated. It's quite the investment for some companies to do so, so many of them choose not to even do business in Quebec as a result. (For a lot of companies in general - think about all the signs in stores that need to be in french as well - that means having a whole production unit devoted to making those, not to mention extra layout time for the graphics and a translation team.)

From what I know, all the other Sephoras in Canada carry UD, so you guys should definitely have it in BC.

perfectdefect

Sadly not that i know of and the shipping from the sephora to canada is crazy. I buy most of it on ebay (though it's hard to find_ and when my boyfriend goes to the states on business I give him a list of what i want.

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdefect
Sadly not that i know of and the shipping from the sephora to canada is crazy. I buy most of it on ebay (though it's hard to find_ and when my boyfriend goes to the states on business I give him a list of what i want.

Shipping is free over a certain amount - 150$ I think? They go through a border partner, so there are no extra or hidden fees.

You can also just call a Canadian store that carries it and ask them to ship it to you. The charge is 9.95$.

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre

The other day, I sent an angry e-mail to Sephora complaining about how Alberta has like 2 Sephoras, while Vancouver, the third largest city in all of Canada, has NONE. They e-mailed back politely and told me that they were opening a Vancouver store in September of 2009...so one more year! WOOHOO!

So, either I try to accumulate $150 worth of stuff (so I don't pay shipping - I'm cheap like that), or I can wait a whole year. It's so very hard...
ssad.gif

Cinci

Mae13 is right.. you can call a store and get it shipped... they will take your credit card over the phone.. or if prefer to have a printed receipt and track your order, you want you can buy it on Amazon.com and have it shipped to Canada. I called the sephora 1-800 number to order from them, and they told me to order through Amazon.com since I had a Canadian credit card...This is how i ordered my last sephora order..

M149

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13

Hum...interesting you are lashing out at Quebecers granted:

-1st: you guys get most products whereas we don't
-2nd: 1st sephora location was opened 3 years ago in To: 1st Sephora in MTL opened last july.
-3rd: Sephora is a chain of stores from Europe so their client base is mainly French (ah non!) so there might be more to the french label than the Office de la langue française thing eh?
-4th you can either phone or mail or buy online the products you need from any other webstore/sephora/ebay
-5th: some products contain ingredients which are banned by Industrie Canada (not just OLF)

So stop blaming french speaking people for a lack of will to figure out how to get your products or to pay the shipping. In any case the cost of products at sephora in Canada didn't follow parity$$ so even though you don't want to pay shipping they'll get your money some other way anyways.

blindpassion

^ Come on, she was just having a moment of frustration like we all do about things that upset us because they make us go seriously out of our way to get the result we want. Don't take it so personal like that. We're talking about makeup, not bombs. And if you read her post she wasn't even referring to the people of Quebec, she was talking about their rules and regs.

any ways.
girl I feel your pain about the sephora thing.
I live in Victoria British Columbia, and as we've talked about, there is no Sephora anywhere in BC!
So once a year I make a very expensive trip down to Seattle to go shopping, including Sephora.

I will be SO happy when Sephora comes out with a store in BC. I can just hop on the ferry, do some great Sephora shopping, and come back to Vic Days will be good!

But it is very frustrating, I pay a lot of money to get my hands on Sephora products. I believe Sephora ships anywhere in Canada though I'm not sure about all the details.

Shadowy Lady

^^ joining the Sephora vent! We do have a Sephora in Rideau Centre here in Ottawa. But, they're always out of the things I want. Like everytime I go there, they only have 3 NARS blushes left, and those are in colours like orange or hot pink that I can't wear anyway. They also never have UD 24/7 colours I'm looking for....And it's not like I can go to another Sephora
ssad.gif

I think in general shopping is better in the US. Much cheaper than here and much more products. I have banned myself from shopping until X-Mas when I go D.C.

anainek

I wish Sephora would sell Givenchy here in Toronto. Does anyone know where I can find Givenchy makeup in Toronto?

LatinaRose

I live in TO and am going back home to Michigan in a few weeks. If you want me to pick up a few things for you, I'd be more than happy to. PM me if you are interested.