Is this old man a pervert?

lazytolove

Leave him alone! This guy has problem. Your story is 80% similar to mine. My solution is just being straight forward. If he askes, you just tell him that you don't like what he's thinking.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinegun_Cali
Hes a man...so yes hes a pervert. Sounds like you should avoid talk about sex, making love, him being attractive ect ect ect . He is testing the waters to see how far he can go with you.

Screw hurting his feelings if he asks you questions about if you think he's sexy and to make him not feel odd you say yes..what other outcome do you expect?? You spared his feelings and now you're the one feeling odd.

You teach people how to treat you. So dont engage him in those type of topics...he'll learn the boundaries.

I agree.
This fellow does sound like he has some good qualities, but he *is* a man, and he clearly has his mind on more than music and art.
I can sympathize with your desire to not hurt his feelings, though.
If you want to maintain the friendship, I'd suggest seeing him only in public places, and not engaging him in conversation about anything personal.
If he ever manages to slip in a question like, "Do you find me sexy?" deflect it by saying something like, "It makes me uncomfortable when you say things like that; I didn't think we had that kind of friendship. "
Or say, "Who are you, Rod Stewart?" and laugh it off.
It's difficult, I know, when someone has feelings for you that you can't reciprocate, but you haven't done anything wrong; that's just the way things are. About the best you can do, unless you want to completely detach from him, is to try to gently steer the relationship back to an intellectual mentoring kind of situation.