"is this ur first child" "how many months"

sitasati

I'm NOT pregnant! I'm just fatttttt. I hate being fat ..I seriously do. I'm really trying to lose weight. Ive lost like 40 lbs since march. I have a big tummy yes but other parts of my body are not fat. Is this why people ask me if im pregnant? Is this why they embarass me? I hate it!!!!

First I thought they are just being ignorant and now I think they do it to tease me. Even pregnant women ask me if im pregnant..wtffF? Why cant a girl have a big tummy without being knocked up yo, seriously! Is it the close I wear? I do wear baby doll shirts, is that why? Ive lost like a size from my waist. When I was bigger no one asked me, now everyone asks me. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I wanna go back to being proprotionately huge. So atleast women will stop asking me.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitasati
I'm NOT pregnant! I'm just fatttttt. I hate being fat ..I seriously do. I'm really trying to lose weight. Ive lost like 40 lbs since march. I have a big tummy yes but other parts of my body are not fat. Is this why people ask me if im pregnant? Is this why they embarass me? I hate it!!!!

First I thought they are just being ignorant and now I think they do it to tease me. Even pregnant women ask me if im pregnant..wtffF? Why cant a girl have a big tummy without being knocked up yo, seriously! Is it the close I wear? I do wear baby doll shirts, is that why? Ive lost like a size from my waist. When I was bigger no one asked me, now everyone asks me. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I wanna go back to being proprotionately huge. So atleast women will stop asking me.

*hugs*

I'm sorry honey. There should be a politeness rule that means no one asks you if you're pregnant or not. So many of my friends have been hurt by experiences exactly like yours.

redambition

it's happened to me a couple of times. both times it was work colleagues, too!

i wouldn't even ask someone if i wasn't absolutely sure or they haven't told me. (By absolutely sure... i mean having found out from another source).

*hugs* girl. it sounds like honest mistakes, not anyone trying to annoy or hurt you intentionally.

Beauty Mark

It happens to my friends who are overweight. I'm not under the impression that anyone has said it to be an asshole to her. However, it is still hurtful. I imagine if it's coming from pregnant women, they're looking to bond and not be mean.

You could play it down with a joke, like say "No, but do I have the great glow they say pregnant women have?"

MAC_Pixie04

Ugh, I'm a tummy girl too honey. It stinks. I can't wear some of the trendier cuts in dresses or tops because it makes me look like I'm in my 2nd trimester. I've never even been pregnant, but it looks like I have. The stomach is the hardest place to lose weight. Definitely take a look at some better fits though, the babydoll cut hides the bulge, but it also emphasizes the bust and creates a rounder silhouette, which just makes you look knocked up lol even on thinner women, it's not always the best cut. I've gotten really into long tshirts with verticle stripes, they're extremely slimming. Or a wide belt over a long time, it does a good job at camoflaging the belly as well.

I think Dane Cook said it best: "I don't usually ask a woman anything about her pregnancy unless the baby is crowning...can never be too sure!"

urbanlilyfairy

ugh im so sorry I know its horrible to hear someone say oh when are you due and your not preggo ..It happend to me twice and i will always remember them ..first it was at MY WEDDING of all places a cousin runs up too me and goes so when are you do ..and im like umh not in a couple of years..then I was in a walmart checkout line and a girl I knew from highschool hadn't seen me in a few years and she runs up too me..grabs my stomach shakes it and is like OMG when are you do lol..and im like umh im not pregnant. My husband was more embarassed i think ..cuz he just walked off and left me there ..ugh..so yeah ..im so sorry ..funny though ..Now that I am pregnant ...another pregnant woman had the nerve to chase me down and ask me if i was even pregnant becuase i was using the pregnancy parking that is close to the store ...she was mad I guess i got the parking spot that she wanted and she questioned my even being pregnant!!!...

some people are just fraekin rude ~!

Beauty Mark

Do pregnant women honestly like having their bellies fondled? I feel really, really uncomfortable touching someone like that, unless it's very close friend.

I don't get why personal boundaries go out the window for pregnant women

MACATTAK

^^ I'd love to know that too. I'd only touch someone if they said, "Here, feel this," or something. It seems that when you are pregnant (I've never been, only heard stories from others who have) it gives people the green light to start touching you. It's weird to me, since I'm all about personal space (pregnant or otherwise).

glassy girl

Wow that sucks i had it happen 2 me once 2 after my son, my problem area has been my stomach. So fast forward 7 years and im at the doc office and some lady asked when i was do. Me like the sagittaurous that i am i responded quick and made a joke about it (yea im 7 years preggo didn't want 2 make the situation uncomfy) we were at a doc. office for family planing( was getting birth control) so i don't think she was trying 2 be rude. Some people just don't think. As far as clothes go baby doll and what not deff. out of the question 4 me like another poster said even thinner people look preggo. Don't feel bad some people just don't get it !

aziajs

I think it comes down to the way your weight is distributed. Some women are rounder through their midsection and carry a lot weight around their stomachs and waists.

persephonewillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Do pregnant women honestly like having their bellies fondled? I feel really, really uncomfortable touching someone like that, unless it's very close friend.

i didn't. and neither did any of my friends who've had kids. but somehow, the sight of a pregnant belly seems to give many people the impression that its public property. complete random strangers would rub my belly as if i were a Buddha. maybe they thought it would bring them luck. LOL.

persephonewillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitasati

(((Hugs))). it's happened to me too. now i make darn sure to wear clothing that can't be mistaken for maternity clothing. no empire waist, no baby doll dresses, etc.

benzito_714

Quote:

it is a serious violation of personal space and people should know that. I had a woman come up to me in the grocery store that tried to pray over me and my unborn baby. she almost had her hand on my belly when my husband came and gave her the 'stiff arm' and told her that we were ok. his skinny arm got up to that woman a whole lot faster than my 'turkey drumstick' of an arm did.

purrtykitty

People have no class. Whether you're actually pregnant is none of anyone's business, unless you choose to say something. It really irritates me that people think a pregnant woman is some sort of spectacle - as if she's the first woman ever to have a baby.

There are just things you don't do in public - ask someone if she's pregnant and rub her belly without permission.

sharkbytes

That's just awful...some people have absolutely no manners whatsoever. I STILL think it would be rude even if you WERE pregnant. It's inappropriate no matter the circumstance.

Anyway, I'm sorry that happened to you! And congratulations on the weight loss thus far, that's a major accomplishment and I hope some jerk's comment doesn't ruin that for you
smiles.gif

ratmist

Quote:

Hell no I don't like it. Fortunately people in Britain tend not to try to take such liberties.

I can only barely tolerate it when close friends do it, and only after they've asked permission. Depending on my mood, I say "No." It just makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm only really okay with my husband messing with the belly.

chaut_01

no worries hun. as long as you look and feel good thats all that matters. and loosing weight isnt an easy task. loosing even one pound is a great accomplishment it all adds up in the end!

nibjet

my boyfriend and I went to the zoo last week, and while looking at the gorillas, a man pointed at my belly and said "when you have that baby you ought to bring him back here to see the gorillas!" and even though I was stunned, I managed to get out "uhh.. I'm not pregnant, just fat, but thank you." his pleased expression never changed. o_O

Willa

Once somebody asked it to me
I laughed...

A girl just had her job interview, and my boss told her that 2 girls were pregnant, so when she got out the office, she came to me and asked THE question. I was like... wtf? I don't even look pregnant, I'm just fat, come on!

And then she became red... and left

lol.gif

pumpkincat210

Congratulations for trying to get healthy! 40 pounds is quite alot. Try some stomach excercises now and see if it helps proportion you out some.
People sometimes have good intentions they just don't know where to draw the line.
And personally I would not like some stranger or even a friend fondling my belly. That would creep me out.