Issues With Dry Hair

sammanila

Ever since I started using Organix's Coconut Milk shampoo a month ago, my hair has dried out. Even when I switched back to my joico shampoo last week, I have not seen much improvement with my hair. Any suggestions on how to get my hair hydrated again?

kimmy

Is your hair color treated or treated with any other type of chemicals (has it been permed, straightened, etc?)

sammanila

The only part of my hair that is color treated is the bottom 1/4 inch of my hair, which was previously bleached.

kimmy

How often are you washing? A lot of times dry hair is actually caused by over washing which strips the hair of its natural oils. I've never used the Organix shampoo, but I do use pure virgin coconut oil on my hair & it has helped it a lot after going from dark brown to blonde. I only wash my hair thrice a week, I generally use coconut oil twice a week (though when I started I was using it every other day to help my hair during the bleaching process.) If cutting down on washing doesn't help, you might want to look into some deep conditioning treatments (most salons offer several options, depending on your hair type & individual needs.)

sammanila

Kimmy, I typically wash my hair once a day. I have tried to go without it for a day awhile back but I don't like how my hair feels if I don't wash it daily.

I think I will look into deep conditioning treatments then. The coconut oil also does sound promising.

Bellflower

I use warm olive oil for my hair . As I have a sensitive scalp So I apply only the ends where it is the most drying part .Works really well for me.

chsai

I have dry hair and dandruff only on center top of my head .What to do?
anyone.gif