It was meant to be green....

misshapes

Hello again.

To celebrate (ahem, mourn) the end of my vacation, I did this two-toned eye shadow. It was meant to be green, however it turned out teal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, NYX Seafoam green eyeliner pencil is the BEST. It's so soft and bright and such a vibrant colour.

dsc08865bz1.jpg

I don't extend my shadow up very high. I think I look way too overdone when I do this with certain colours. Plus, I don't have good deep creases.

dsc08877aa1.jpg

dsc08906xb9.jpg

And here I thought my mirror was clean.....hahaha.

dsc08852qa4.jpg

I used Benefit's Shimmer powder, which I suppose is their version of pigments. I would like to know what product do you mix it with to use these things wet? Bc I had such a hard time using it dry and my application was very uneven (as you can see) and THE FALLOUT, my goodness.

List:
[Face]: iD mineral makeup-Fairly Light, some mineral veil dusted over the top
[Blush]: Natio-Peach Glow
[Eyes]: Lancome gold e/s, Benefit Shimmer Powder-Mint Julep, NYX-seafoam green eyeliner, Lancome curler, Shiseido mascara base, Diorshow
[Lips]: Lancome Juicy Tubes-Tickled Pink

A very low effort look!

That's it, Cheerio!
smiles.gif

MACLovin

Very pretty!

To answer your question about the loose pigments, you can either buy MAC's mixing medium, or make your own. Just buy some glycerin from the drug store, and mix one part glycerin with 3 parts (distilled) water into a small bottle, then just put a *drop* on your brush before you apply the pigments. Don't forget to tap off the excess also, that will reduce fallout.

Some people also use Fix+ which works, and I've also heard of others using eyedrops as well.. I guess whatever you can get your hands on!
smiles.gif

HTH!

jaclynashley

So pretty !
smiles.gif

You can either wet them with Mixing Medium,Fix+,or my favorite Visine !
Haha .
But Visine is great for pigments and mineralized eyeshadows !
winks.gif

MzzRach

I love this - very ethereal and glowing and pretty. These shades are great on you!

I agree with the recommendation for Fix+ - I use this for loose shadows/pigments and it helps with the fallout issue a lot.