Lancome Colourless Makeup

MAC_Whore

Source: CN

LancomeLUCI.jpg

L’Oréal-owned beauty brand Lancôme is launching a limited-edition makeup line that does not contain pigments, called L.U.C.I. (Luminescent colorless color intelligence). The formulas instead, consist of minerals that reflect colors by the diffraction of light.

This marks the last color collection by Lancôme’s makeup international artistic director Gucci Westman.

The products themselves come in distinctive white packaging, the star product being the L.U.C.I Eyes which comes in a shell-shaped compact signed by French designer Alexis Mabille. Other products include an eyeliner, eye gloss, loose powder brush and makeup base, and a lipstick and gloss have been adapted from their Color Fever Shine collection. Prices range from €22.25 to €50. The products launch worldwide as of January 2008.

Westman joined the brand in 2003 and her first color collection, French Riviera, debuted in spring 2005. During her time with Lancôme, she created eight color collections.

I am definitely curious to see this.

MAC_Whore

I'll have to admit that when I first heard of colourless makeup, I thought of 'The Emporer's New Clothes'.
lol.gif

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I'll have to admit that when I first heard of colourless makeup, I thought of 'The Emporer's New Clothes'.
lol.gif

Likewise. I'll have to test them out before I would ever consider spending money on them.

jenii

I could understand makeup base, eye gloss, lipstick, or lipgloss, but eyeliner?! Really?! o_O

flowerhead

i looked at the luci shell compact & i was sadly disappointed, the shadows had bad colour payoff. the iridescent shadow only flashed green.

NatalieMT

I'm disappointed to hear the eyeshadow wasn't that great, flowerhead. I'll probably check the collection out at some point asap, whether I'll buy is another matter. I'm kind of intrigued because I like Lancome but I'm really unsure if they'll pull this off or not, although I do like the idea and look they're trying to create.

cloudburst

I've seen the whole collection - and wasn't very impressed unfortunately...the eyeshadows are whitish w/ a coloured iridescent flash, but you can get this type of shadow in many other brands.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
lol.gif

That is exactly what I thought.....and it would have to be a l.e. because "well, its good for a few laughs, but who would be a regular customer?"

ambidextrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudburst
I've seen the whole collection - and wasn't very impressed unfortunately...the eyeshadows are whitish w/ a coloured iridescent flash, but you can get this type of shadow in many other brands.

Exactly my impression. I looked at the stuff yesterday in person and there is no "technology" behind the collection. The iridescent colors are beautiful, but you can get them from other brands or their regular line. Like the blue/violet flashing --> MAC Vellum e/s, the green flashing --> Lancome Color Design Romantic Lily, the blue flashing lipgloss: mix clear Lipgloss and MAC White Frost Pigment, the highlighting power: dilute MAC Pink Opal Pigment...

you see, everything dupable lol

Toya

I swapped for the glosses and let me tell you ... HUGE disappointment! I just don't get it. I don't see how the glosses are any different from any other sheer glosses. Yes, the "white" one adds a bit of iridescence but you can get that look with many other glosses already available. This is nothing new or innovative. Save your money.

Latest posts