Let's spread some Holiday Cheer!!

Monica

Greetings All!

Please allow me start by introducing myself. My name is Monica and as you may know,I am Janice’s little sister. There are three of us and we’re all apart of Specktra. You may know our oldest sister @Jessica, as she welcomes the newcomers in the welcome forum. I live and work near Austin, Texas with my husband, 12 year old son, and our 3 furry babies. I’m currently pursuing a degree in English with a minor in Creative Writing while working for Cigna. When I’m not working or doing homework, gaming consumes my time and it’s what brought my husband and I together. I recently spent 12 grueling hours in the cold outside of Best Buy to get a PS4, that’s where my avatar picture was taken. If anyone is on PSN my username is Monika_Rose
thmbup.gif

Let’s get to the good stuff! The Holidays are upon us and it’s my favorite time of year! The Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing, Black Friday shopping, putting up the Christmas tree and lights... So in the spirit of community, I’d like to do my part to spread the Holiday cheer here at Specktra and introduce a Secret Santa gift exchange! Here are the details on how you can get involved.
santa.gif

Please PM me or post your email here so that I can add you as a participant. The only guideline for participation is that you must have access to the clearance bin. (A minimum of 50 posts or premium membership) The deadline for signing up is November 30th and the USPS deadline for Christmas delivery is December 20th so please be sure to mail your packages by then!

Once you’re added you will get an email from the elfster site that will prompt you to start a wish list so that your secret Santa will have a good idea of what you like and vice versa.

We've recommended a spending limit of $25 for gifts but by all means if you want to spoil your giftee feel free to!

To begin, our exchange will be limited to the domestic US only. If enough International users express their desire to start their own exchange we will implement one at that time!

I encourage everyone to participate but urge discretion if you think you may not be able to commit. We really want everyone to have a great and fulfilling experience this year. I understand that the Holidays can be a stressful time with many traveling and planning their own celebrations, so keep in mind any time constraints that you may have in getting your gift mailed. Most websites will ship directly to your designated giftee which may be more convenient for you.

Again, thank you for all the warm welcomes! I'm so excited to be sharing the holidays with all of you here at Specktra!!

MissTT

I want in! Thanks for setting this up. I never know what to put on gift lists like this because everything I want is too expensive. LOL. If it's cheap I just buy it myself. My family always gets so mad at me around this time.

Monica

Thanks guys! You should have all received an email from the elfster site to set up your wishlists, please let me know if you don't receive it so I can resend.

Christmas.gif

Julily

I would like to participate as well. I'll pm you my email and ooh my psn is DitaVonKitty. I also amost spent the night in line at bestbuy to get my hubby his ps4. Which I had no problem doing since he stood in line two hours early trying to get me my Riri items but in the end he was afraid since he had to work and I would be left alone, he thought I'd be an easy target to get mugged.

Monica

I would like to participate as well. I'll pm you my email and ooh my psn is DitaVonKitty. I also amost spent the night in line at bestbuy to get my hubby his ps4. Which I had no problem doing since he stood in line two hours early trying to get me my Riri items but in the end he was afraid since he had to work and I would be left alone, he thought I'd be an easy target to get mugged.
Oh man, that sucks! Have you since gotten a ps4? My husband and I both took turns sitting in line, we would go out for food or to run an occasional errand so it wasn't so bad. I understand his concern about getting mugged, even with my husband present I was a little paranoid that someone would be desperate enough to rob us as we walked out of the store!

aradhana

i'd be interested in the gift exchange if you decide to open it up to canadians!

what a great idea btw to have a secret santa for makeup lovers!

Julily

Oh man, that sucks! Have you since gotten a ps4? My husband and I both took turns sitting in line, we would go out for food or to run an occasional errand so it wasn't so bad. I understand his concern about getting mugged, even with my husband present I was a little paranoid that someone would be desperate enough to rob us as we walked out of the store!
Oh I got it the next morning. We had pre-ordered so I just went to pick it up. My husband works overnight so I had to go with my mother since we had to run other errands, got him Assasin's Creed as surprise as well. I tricked him, I had told him I wasn't going to get him a game which was fine since he has gamefly and had one come in. I hid the game in my purse.

Hubby *in sleepy voice*: Did you get it?
Me: No, BestBuy ran out.
Hubby: What? We pre ordered. That's bull***t
Me: They said they didn't recieve as many as they were expecting, that they only got in half but that they are expecting another shippement and we should call back on Wednesday. I'm sorry.
Hubby: I think you're lying.

So he runs to the living room and finds it there.

Hubby:I knew you were lying
Me *ironing his work clothes*: Oh honey, I need my phone, can you get it for me while I iron. It's in my purse.
Hubby*opens purse* "What!?

And then he continued looking for my phone and I said no honey I don't need my phone, it's not even in my purse.

mosha010

Awwww best wifey ever!! I read this to my fiancé and he says you have now raised his standards. Lol.