Lip Lacquers

neotrad

Umm, I kind of doubt I get many responses to this thread since I see not many people here talk about the lip lacquers..., but...I recently got Veneer and Wonderlust lip lacquers and noticed Veneer smells different from other lacquers. I also own Poco Pink and they smell the same as Wonderlust. I can tolerate the smell, but Veneer smells/tastes like a car wax(even though I've never tasted any car waxes).
puke.gif

I don't know if it's only the Veneer I got or if Veneer is supposed to smell/taste different from the other lacquers...or what?
th_confused_new.gif

Does anyone here know or notice that?

vicuna1

Hm, I don't have Veneer but of hte 4 lacquers I do have they seem to all smell the same. Was Veneer from a store or a swap/purchase?

neotrad

I got the Veneer and the Wonderlust on ebay. I don't think the seller sold me a fake one. I've dealt with her a few times before and the stuff was always authentic. She does have 100% positive feedback.

Thank you for your response!
smiles.gif

gummybug

I havent tried that one in specific, but the ones I have tried all had the same scent. No car wax (lol), more like rose with a touch of vanilla. I love the scent of the lacquers, I even prefer it to how the lipglass smell.

mymymai

I have about 8-9 lacquers right now and my Veneer smells like all the reset, pleasant. I think your Veneer might have spoiled
ssad.gif

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybug
more like rose with a touch of vanilla.

That's how the rest of my lacquers smell like too.

Thanks
smiles.gif

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymymai
I think your Veneer might have spoiled
ssad.gif

Might have been.
ssad.gif

It looks like it's a product of 2001 as far as I can read the number on the bottom of the lacquer. Maybe it's too old...

Thank you ladies for your replies anyway!
th_kiss.gif
smiles.gif

timmarilyn

i have a lacquer that is about 9 years old maybe a year older. it is "heat". it smells and works great still to this day. now on the other hand i got bamboozled by a counterfit seller once and all of the lipsticks, glosses, glasses, and so on were sooooo gross smelling and tasting. they all had a very chemical smell/taste. stronger then the stuff i use to mop my floor.