Lipgloss peeves

sweatpea559

I hope their isn't a topic for this... I searched and got nothing!

It seems like every time I wear lipgloss I can't help but rub my lips together so much I actually annoy myself! And I drink a lot of bottled water, so the lipgloss always stays on the rim and sometimes I taste it later when I take a drink. It's also really gross when you're in a restaurant or at someone's house and you drink off of a glass and there's goo all over it from where you drank. My hair gets stuck to it when it's windy. You can't kiss with it on. Other random things from the environment get stuck on it on windy days. Eating will leave crumbs on stuck to your lips and if you are taking a bite out of something sometimes lipgloss come off on the food! They also sometimes make my lips super sticky. Does anyone else experience these things or others with their lipgloss? If so, how do you put up with it? For me the crap doesn't even seem worth wearing anymore!

Of the MAC lipglosses (lipglass, lustreglass, dazzle glass, plushglass, etc.), which do you find the least annoying?

gildedangel

I actually really like that they are sticky, it tells me when I need to re-apply without looking in a mirror! I do agree however that it is really annoying when it gets on your cup and your hair gets stuck to it. The one I find the least annoying are the lustreglasses, to me they don't feel as sticky, although they still are.

staceb1990

I know how you feel. Super sticky glosses make me feel claustrophobic in a way, like when they get on my tongue or if I accidentally swallow a bit of them. That sounds weird, but it's true. I prefer thinner glosses, but they just don't last very long
th_dunno.gif

jjjenko

That's exactly how I feel! That's why I just avoid lipglosses all together, not worth the hassle. IMO

BBJay

I hate super sticky glosses which is why I don't get down with the mac ones. I stick to tendertones or I'll mix pigments with Aquaphor if I want some color and shine.

But a little trick I learn to prevent leaving lipgloss or lipstick on glasses is to lick the side of the glass before you take a drink. Don't drag your tongue across the side of course but just a little lick near the top will stop it from sticking.

kittykit

I always apply Vasaline lipbalm on my lips before putting the lipgloss on. It makes the lipgloss less sticky.

I love cremesheen glass. I hope they become permanent!

sweatpea559

I was actually tempted to try the creemsheen but I had no money! They were just so damn pretty I wanted to try them. I think I'll just do what BBJay said though and just use tendertones or some TLCs on the occasion that I want a little bit of a glossy look. I have terribly dry, peely lips anyways and glosses always seem to make my lips dryer but sticky and then they peel more and it just feels gross! haha...

ImMACnificent

The least sticky of all of them in my opinion is the Cremesheen's. They are milky and hardly sticky at ALL.

I HATE dazzleglasses and lipglasses, I wear them sometimes but my hair sticks to them and my brush bristles and it just all around annoys me.

Nicnivin

I agree with the whole bottled water thing, and my hair getting stuck to my lips is rather annoying, but I love the color so I deal. lol I will probably get sick of it again one day. I always stop using lipgloss after sometime.

ugh, I SO hate when I leave lip marks on things after I take a drink, it truly is annoying. And the crumb thing...the worst part is when you don't even realise it until an hour after you eat and you randomly notice there's still a crumb just chillin in your lip gloss.

I guess I just tolerate it. I'm not overly anal about reapplying the second it wears off so I guess I don't wear it enough for it to be TOO much of a hassle. I will say though that the dazzleglasses are the worst. Honestly, I never wear mine and almost regret buying them. I don't get what all the hype is about.

Tahti

I f*ing HATE it when my hair gets stuck on my mouth cause of my lipglass, then when I brush it away it gets on my face from my hair, and I end up with weird pink/red/whatever thin lines on my cheeks. Half the time I don't notice either.

Latest posts