L'Oreal Infallible Lipcolor

sigwing

I bought 2 of these on sale at Walgreens last week & hadn't given it a good test until today.

This morning, I used the Auburn shade, pulled out the sponge applicator & scraped off the blob of excess, and painted a thin coat on my lips, staying "within the lines," then let it dry as it suggests, then used the clear coat. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I think the trick is getting it thin enough.

I could NOT believe I didn't need a lipliner! I'm in my 40's and even though I never smoked & don't have that wrinkle problem, lipgloss & lipstick tends to have a little vertical creeping on my upper lip, which is horribly annoying. This stuff unbelievably did NOT!!! ALL DAY!!! I never reapplied, even the top-coat stuff. I started out at 9 this morning, went shopping, ate a big pretzel with sauce, had a drink, shopped a bunch more, went to lunch & had a chicken pita wrap thingy with a salad....the stuff is still on! It's worn off some on the inner side of my lower lip, but for the most part is still there & within the lip line. I'm truly amazed & am going to buy some more of this!

MissDiva

oh wow it seems to be a really good stuff! i may think about buying a couple myself.thanx for the review

ruqayya33

I bought the one in Mullberry at Wal-Mart, recently. While I did like the color (although the swatch on the package is a little different than the product inside,) I was not all that crazy about the texture. It's kinda dry feeling.... The clear moisture balm wore off quickly.... but that's because I'm a "licker."
lol.gif
I was left with that dry, tight feeling and had to constantly re-apply the clear balm. Other than that, it's fine. The color did last a few hours, until I had some coffee. (Hot drinks and or oily food tend to break down the "seal" of those types of lip products.)

I'm not totally turned off, though and might check out a few more.

sigwing

I didn't have anything hot that day, but I'm a "biter" too, and had lunch stuff that would have normally rubbed it off & it didn't. I was ready to get it off of me that evening, tho, and actually had to use some remover for long-wear stuff. I even blotted with a napkin and did some things that I just knew it probably smeared it or rubbed it off on one side maybe...and it hadn't.

I'm with you on the swatches! The swatches and tube it's in don't really show the color. I can't decide what other one to maybe get because so many of them look alike! But I do have Amethyst that is like a "my lips" color, and the Auburn was a brighter shade. I like them both. I wish I knew what might be another nude type shade, but I need to taper off on lipstick for a while due to buying a bunch of the MAC Mattene!
smiles.gif

I think I saw at Walmart the other day some packaging that had a loose separate clear sealer, so you would have an extra. I think Cover Girl did that with their long-wear stuff, sold a separte stick of the sealer.

SweetMom528

I love these too! I have Hisbucis, Beyonce Red, Thistle & Apricot. I really wanted to see swatches of these on people's lips as what you see is not what you get, but boy do they last. Are there other colors that would look good on me?? I wear Natural Buff in LOreal Infallible Foundation, NW20 in MAC. I would so love to see real swatches and if anyone wants me to, I'll post swatches of mine.