MAC 224 vs. Sephora Rounded Crease Brush

radarlove

Anyone have both? I have the Sephora brush and I just want to know if they're very similar in terms of shape, how they apply product, etc.

Thanks!

ThePostcardOrg

I have both... I must say they do actually perform equally. The sephora brush is a little denser, so it applies a little heavier than the 224. The sephora brush is a little smaller/shorter than the 224.

Out of the two, I would say the 224 is the best. I think the sephora brush applies a little "splotchy".

MiCHiE

^I agree. My Sephora brush is lopsided and very blunt at the end. When I apply color with it, I sometimes get a fine line of color instead of everything just looking diffused. But, I still use it just about every day.

ashpardesi

I have both..I love sephora's rounded crease brush #13 coz it is more like the mac 226 which was released in the BBR collection,but slightly bigger,its a pointy,dense but fluffier than 226,you can use the tip for precise e/s application or use the sides of the brush for blending the e/s for air brushed look..macs 224,is large and fluffy,only meant for blending out e/s not for precise application. plus the difference in price mac 224 is 28 $ and sephora's is 16 $..Hope this helped

HustleRose

i have both as well and i find not only is the sephora brush denser but when you clean it it does not clean well. i use mac brush cleaner on both the sephora brush and the mac brush and i find that the sephora brush gets a little rough after a few cleanings.