MAC Ads... anyone else feel the same ?

Life In Return

Any of you ever think that MAC could / should do a lot better with their advertisements ? Some of them really look thrown together... the Culturebloom one for instance; it looked kind of messy. Their ads used to be really nice, and now... They seem to lack creativity and structure...
th_confused_new.gif

MACgirl

i love thier visuals, the culturebloom i thought was one of the most creative one, making it look like watercolors, it represented the collection as a whole. If you havnet seen the UNTAMED visual you'll freak it is HOTTTTTTT!! my fave visual now!!!

Patricia

oh you really think that? personally culturebloom was one of my faves! i love their ads!

and OMG the untamed one is gorgeous
eyelove.gif

Arabella

I think Culturebloom was very pretty. I love most of MAC's advertisements. The only ones I don't like are Lure because it looks like the model has been swimming in Crisco oil and She-Shines because it looks like a five year old just took some pigments and threw them all over that girl's face.

Life In Return

Culturebloom looked messy.... like paints on top of a womans face... it could have been executed differently. Even my other friends, who are not even into makeup, thought the same... eh, maybe it's me. I'm a graphic designer and I have noticed things like that often with MAC. I just think their older ads were more creative.

aziajs

I love all of the MAC promos. Each one is different from the next but the design is so essentially MAC. I like the new ones I have seen for A Muse and Untamed.

bellaetoile

for the most part, i love them. they've got an abstract, color intensive feel to them, and they really set mac outside of the average consumer cosmetic box. culturebloom was gorgeos, IMO, and was a great representation of the line. star vegas was also a personal favorite of mine. also, i love the viva glam ads, because i think they do a great job with diversifying the celebrities and models used, and also allow the individuals to show their true styles. comparing pam anderson, to missy elliot, to christina aguilera, to chloe sevigny, to linda evangelista...they all had their own true styles represented in the way they wore and styled their viva glam gear.

lure wasn't my favorite, though.

ette

She Shines was frightening. An makeup-less with pigments splayed all the face. Not attractive IMO.
But otherwise, I LOVE MAC postcards and most are beautifully done in the makeup sense and the asthetically pleasing sense. They are unique and a very special aspect that many other lines lack. The makeup may not be what one would wear in real life (Untamed? LOL the brows) but the pose and lighting and everything else is simply beautiful.

pugmommy7

I tend to prefer the more polished ones as well.
BUT as in much of fashion, the concept vs. the wearable are seldom the same
smiles.gif

My fave of late was sundressing. I enjoy the elegance of it. Lure was very sexy imo. I really loved it,as well as the collection itself.
I agree that she shines was boring and I was totally disinterested in those pigments until I saw them irl, and was just wowed!
As for amuse- which I greatly anticipate, the models eyebrows are gigantic- even in keeping with the exaggerated look. That turns me off.
But i like the other linear illusions going on. still nothing "new" there.
not gonna stop me from raiding the collection
smiles.gif

turquatic seems like the most hype for the least "stuff" we shall see tommorrow
graucho.gif

as_cute_as_pie

agree with the above yes the sundressing one was lovely, it was elegant and had a nice summer feel and fitted in well with the collection. i love the ones where you think 'god i want to look like her' or the artisty ones like adorn and high tea
just looked at untamed at thats very nice the girls make up is flawless and i love the busy background, the ones i like are where they look like they've put some effort into it
i wasnt a fan of
- lingerie looked slighty possesed
- madame b looked too photoshopped
- d'bohemia- too shop manican ( cant spell it
ssad.gif
)
- i never like tantress
smiles.gif

Sushi_Flower

I like the more impactfull and classy looking ones. I can see why they did Culturebloom like they did but i didn't like it personally.

Eowyn

*lurker*

I think MAC has the most interesting ads of any cosmetic company. So unique!
smiles.gif
(but some are WAAAY out there)

princess

I love their artwork on their posters (well most of them anyway), it sets them apart from other cosmetics company.

PrettyinPink

I love the way MAC does their advertising! I collect all the sorta stuff because of the pictures. Not one has ever disappointed me...MAC could never disappoint me!
tong.gif

Glitziegal

I like the majority of the ads. I do wish they would display what colours were used clearly. I mean the pics are there to encourage us to buy based on what the model is wearing!

I know they do put most of the looks on the "looks" part of the website.

But how many times do you see questions like....."what was the model wearing on her lips in.............."

The way I have typed this makes me sound angry...but I'm not.......honest
graucho.gif