MAC brushes suggestions

SyLLyGrL

I always hear that using MAC brushes make a huge difference in the way the makeup looks. I only own the 109 that I originally bought for my powder foundation. I ended up using that for applying blush.

Is there a better blush brush I should be looking into?

I also hope you can tell me what the difference is between the 217 and 224...

If there are any brushes you suggest, please let me know. Thanks!!

gildedangel

The 109 is great for blush, if it is working for you keep using it! The major difference between the 217 and 224 is versitility versus quality kind of. If you want a brush that can blend out, apply concealer, apply e/s to the lid, and just do a whole bunch of stuff, then the 217 is a good choice. The 224 is much more of a specific brush, it is mostly used just for blending shadows together and blending them out. I feel that for blending, the 224 does a much better job than the 217, but the 217 does more stuff. HTH!

The MAC 109 also works for liquid foundation as well (less streaking), but it tends to shed a lot. I like using the 187 for liquid foundation as well. I hate the 190 foundation brush, you can skip that!

LMD84

i use the 109 to apply highlight colours and contour my face as well as using it for blush
smiles.gif

the 217 brush is very good and i use it alot - mainly for crease work than anything else. but equally the 224 brush is a life saver for blending! it really does work wonders and impoves the look of my make up loads
smiles.gif

cipelica

I think 217 is better than 224. It is more versatile. 224 can be a bit too big for some girls.

Must have (my opinion)
217 blending, applying seer layer of color
219 crease, smokey smudging
266 brow and eyeliner brush
187 foundation, blush
165 contour, blush

I do not understand the hype about 239!!! That amount of color can be applied with a sponge applicator

iadorepretty

these are the brushes i reach for everyday, so i consider them "must-haves":

109 - for liquid foundation & contouring
187 or 129 - for blush application
239 or 214 - for e/s
217 & 224 - for blending
219 - for smudging and lower lashline

SyLLyGrL

thanks so much! I started using the 109 for my foundation and i like the coverage. i do notice it looking more flawless. I was told by mac makeup artist to try the 129 for blush.. i think i'm gonna give the 109 another try first.