MAC: Early Release Program

Ingenue

Sooooooooooooo..........

The "Later" pigment for Alice & Olivia collection is sold out on the pro site and the regular site. It's also sold out at the pro store in Los Angeles.
angry.gif

The release date is July 10th...

What day is it?

The same thing happened with the 'To The Beach' collection, prompting major upset among MAC addicts everywhere.

What gives?

NotteRequiem

Pro stores get stock earlier and release a week earlier.

The date may be July 10th, but most stores/counters release the Thursday before the launch date. It's been this way for a while.

Also, I think what happened with 'To The Beach' had more to do with tiny stock than with what date it was released [although 'In The Groove' is proving to be a similar situation....].

Ingenue

I understand the Thursday thing ... but it's Tuesday. I don't know. Anyway, I called the MAC store in Hollywood and they said it's in the stockroom but not on the floor. They 'say' they'll put it on the floor on Thursday... but they also said that about To The Beach...

And well, we know how well that little experiment turned out for a lot of folks.

monter

It's especially annoying because I've called stores on Tuesday, they've told me "It's coming out on Thursday" - and then they put it out on Wednesday. I feel like I have to call a few times a day just to keep up to date.

Either release it on the day it's suppsed to release OR have more than two of the hot product so you at least have a few left by the official release date. It's nuts that Stereo Rose sold out in TWO HOURS two days before it's even supposed to be released.

Meisje

It's a really smart marketing move --- causing a fervor by being mysterious about when the product will actually be for sale --- but from a consumer standpoint, it's annoying. I hate thinking I know when something will be available only to find it's sold out before it's even supposed to be on sale.

bell21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
I understand the Thursday thing ... but it's Tuesday.

Collections launch on the website the Tuesday before the "regular" release date (although most of the time stuff actually starts appearing on the site Monday night if you search for it/check the site map). Also a lot of times MAC corporate will tell the stores to launch the collection a day a head of time. They did that with TTB. The best way I've found is to keep up with the release dates is to keep up on Specktra, also I'm on the call list of a MUA at my local Macy's counter and a MUA at a store. They always call me when something new is launching and the one at the store pulls stuff she thinks I'll like and sets it aside for me if I tell her I'm going to come in.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell21
Collections launch on the website the Tuesday before the "regular" release date (although most of the time stuff actually starts appearing on the site Monday night if you search for it/check the site map). Also a lot of times MAC corporate will tell the stores to launch the collection a day a head of time. They did that with TTB. The best way I've found is to keep up with the release dates is to keep up on Specktra, also I'm on the call list of a MUA at my local Macy's counter and a MUA at a store. They always call me when something new is launching and the one at the store pulls stuff she thinks I'll like and sets it aside for me if I tell her I'm going to come in.

my counter was never told to release it early. we released it on thursday.
th_dunno.gif

bell21

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
my counter was never told to release it early. we released it on thursday.
th_dunno.gif

It seems like the stores get told to release it early, my MAC store released it on Wednesday, my MAC counter released it on Thursday. I only know because I went to the store on Thursday and the store manager told me that they were told to launch on Wednesday and then I went to the MAC counter to get some stuff that was sold out at the store and my MUA there said that the stores have been launching early a lot. It might not be the same for all cities/states
th_dunno.gif
if I remember I'll ask the manager at the store when I go in on Friday about it

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell21
It seems like the stores get told to release it early, my MAC store released it on Wednesday, my MAC counter released it on Thursday. I only know because I went to the store on Thursday and the store manager told me that they were told to launch on Wednesday and then I went to the MAC counter to get some stuff that was sold out at the store and my MUA there said that the stores have been launching early a lot. It might not be the same for all cities/states
th_dunno.gif
if I remember I'll ask the manager at the store when I go in on Friday about it

good to know!

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
It's especially annoying because I've called stores on Tuesday, they've told me "It's coming out on Thursday" - and then they put it out on Wednesday. I feel like I have to call a few times a day just to keep up to date.

Either release it on the day it's suppsed to release OR have more than two of the hot product so you at least have a few left by the official release date. It's nuts that Stereo Rose sold out in TWO HOURS two days before it's even supposed to be released.

You said it all right there sister! But I have news...
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

I scored a 'later' pigment, a partylicious pigment, and a stereo rose mineralize blush!

Nordstrom in Cerritos is the ONLY Nordstrom getting the A+O collection... they DTC'd it for me (which means free shipping). Ladies... CALL THEM! They're open until 9pm.
I pre ordered the Stereo Rose... only stipulation is I have to pick it up next Tuesday. But I got to touch it. It's GORGEOUS. I ALMOST bought two... almost.

But I really need MAC to be better about collection releases. They have a very loyal following and they ought to treat the fans with more respect.

Curly1908

I'm glad you got the items you were wanting!

It's 3 months away, but I'm really nervous about not being able to get 3 items that I absolutely MUST have from the Venomous Villains collection (especially since one of those items is on EVERYONE'S wish list) so I guess I'll just check the MAC website every day of the week leading up to the official release date. Wow, that sounds so obsessive! lol.

LMD84

i'm pleased you got the items you wanted. but it sucks that people can't stick to an offcial release date! that's why in the uk we all stalk the mac website days before release because usually they start popping up 1-2 days before the thursday!