Mac GLOSS opinions? (The multi-purpose product)

jasper17

I have a couple of them - Duo Rose and Guava - and I mostly use them on my lips. Kind of sheer, a little shimmery, not much staying power, though I think if you were to use them elsewhere on your body, you might see them lasting longer. My whole issue is they seem kind of oily and since my skin likes to break out, I'm afraid to use them anywhere other than the lips. Pretty colors, though.

Turbokittykat

I don't own (and have never owned) any of the glosses, which is unusual because I own at least one colour of most MAC products and have tried most other products, but glosses have never really appealed to me. They seem more for use in fashion photography rather than practical products for every day.

fairytale22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
I don't own (and have never owned) any of the glosses, which is unusual because I own at least one colour of most MAC products and have tried most other products, but glosses have never really appealed to me. They seem more for use in fashion photography rather than practical products for every day.

Same.

patentg33k

I got a MAC Bronze gloss at a CCO

To use in the eye area. I was told by a MAC MA that they could be used that way, for a soft gloss on the eye. I saw the MAC MA use the gloss under a smokey eye at a trend show to soften the look, and the MA mentioned that these could be used alone as well.

I tried it and it looked okay, but I personally didn't get used to the sticky feeling. These stay glossy, and don't dry down to a powder like so many creme shadows do. They are very emollient, so would be a good base for using glitter on the eye area.

Now that you bring the subject up, I wonder if this is what Tom Ford's eye gloss for EL is like.

Anyway, your mileage may vary with these. Hope this helps!
smiles.gif

joraye

My MUA just sold me the MAC Clear Gloss when I bought my first pigment (softwash gray).

I really like its staying power in my case (i have oily skin too), and it can be overused (a DAB will do ya!) and if you use too much, you will crease. but if you go light and rub in well, creasing is not an issue.

and well, of course, it makes the color pop like crazy (better than my paint or shadestick as base...)

but after reading reviews of UDPP, i think i will try that.

BlahWah

I have a gloss in Chartreuse and really looked forward to using it, but found it sticky on the lids and not very pigmented. I used it over Golden Olive and it looked like my shadow disappeared! I'm hoping to find better ways of using it, but right now it's up for swap... with no takers..
weeping.gif

maxcat

Having memory block on names, I've got platinum and one like the old gold piggie as well as the clear one... I love the wet eye look and wear/use them quite a bit... the old gold one looks like a bruise on it's own but is amazing over cranberry on the eye... the platinum one I also use to "grey-ify" lips... but they feel weird and take some getting used to on your eyes.

joraye

I agree - it's a pretty weird feeling on your lids and I thought it would make my eyelids stick together and crease more....but not the case...

I've sold 4 of my friends on it by doing the hand test - swatch w/o gloss and swatch w/ gloss and they usually love it.

katie_070405

i ended up with teal as a bonus from an ebay purchase......still haven't found any uses for it besides photography. It just seems too sticky for everyday use....i don't like the feeling.