MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

CartoonChic

the one photo i did get today
th_drool.gif
Thanks for sharing!

sherm

Dang, $16.50 for these lipsticks too! I guess I'm just going to plan on getting Superb and some of the sets.

I really appreciate the info and swatches that have been shared so far!

MACcrazy

the one photo i did get today
Thanks for this! but OMG so my store is already taking pre-orders! My mom went in during her lunch hour to make sure I could get my MM stuff by asking some people to hold a few items and then they told her tomorrow they're taking preorders for this! I'm still trying to make a list, any suggestions? FYI they said if I preordered that they should have my stuff by the 25th.

valkolak

I own around 15 Dazzleglasses but I find myself rarely using them because of how little product there is and me not wanting to run out. So I just started adding a ton of Reflects Glitter to some of my lipglasses instead. Speaking of Dazzleglasses, I kinda wish they would have had a few in this collection, other than the ones in the sets. Also would have been happy with some pearlglides, especially a gold one, a silver one, a green one and a red one. I'd love to have a nice sparkly red eyeliner that is actually red and not a blackened red, but all I can find is the MUFE one and I'm horrible with liquid. Also wish they would have had paint pots, specifically pink and lavender. Oh god, I could go on for days about the things I wish MAC would create.
Oooo I need to get some reflects glitters! I hadn't thought about that before but I could make a custom dazzleglass :) And I would be all over a lavender paint pot! I hope there will be new paint pots with the after Christmas collection.

liba

no problem!

Sort of sad those little EDES are 19.50 tho *thumbs down*
yeah, i was hoping against hope that the price wouldn't be so jacked up. I only want 2 or 3 now......it's reminding me of the Electric Cool shadows, which are really great but also soooooo tiny.
lecture.gif

toautumn

I am a little turned off by the prices, like the 16.50 lipstick price was supposedly for licensing MMs image but I guess it costs the same to license glossy black? lol

If the EDES really are amazing I will buy a couple. I originally thought I would scoop a bunch up, but for 19.50 they have to prove themselves to me.

The hanger roll up thing sounds great to me. Maybe I could match my makeup to my clothes and compartmentalize them by outfits! Muahaha
th_crazy.gif

ChosenOne

I am a little turned off by the prices, like the 16.50 lipstick price was supposedly for licensing MMs image but I guess it costs the same to license glossy black? lol

If the EDES really are amazing I will buy a couple. I originally thought I would scoop a bunch up, but for 19.50 they have to prove themselves to me.

The hanger roll up thing sounds great to me. Maybe I could match my makeup to my clothes and compartmentalize them by outfits! Muahaha
th_crazy.gif
I literally had this same thought when I saw the prices, almost word for word! Definitely cutting down my list a bit. I'm thinking EDSF, a couple of l/g, maybe a l/s, and 1 or 2 EDES. Oh, and a blush of course...or two...
sneaky.gif

duckrodeo

That price for the EDES is INSANE. I'm skipping them because of that. I purchased most of the ones that launched in the spring (less Sweet Heat). Special packaging is one thing, but I'm not paying a similar price for less product overall.

Anyway, I'm still fine-tuning my list but I am definitely getting that vanity bag that KMQE716 mentioned! That is riiight up my alley!

I'll get a few lipsticks, a couple of fluidlines and maybe a couple or all of the blushes. I'm undecided on any sets at this time. I love the leopard print, but I'm also willing to be patient and take the chance on the sets popping up at a CCO.

KMQE716

yeah, i was hoping against hope that the price wouldn't be so jacked up. I only want 2 or 3 now......it's reminding me of the Electric Cool shadows, which are really great but also soooooo tiny.
lecture.gif
Yeah she (The MA) said that they were the same size as a MAC eyeshadow....still does not make sense to why they are that high! hmph lol

quiteviolet

those eyeshadow must be hella amazing for that price! I'm probably going to go with just the blushes and the extra dimension skin finishes.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I wonder how much the e/s will be here. I plan to get the taupe and the champagne one, but not sure how much more I can afford if I get the blushes, a skinfinish and maybe l/s.
Can't wait to hear from everybody who goes to an event, please share your thoughts and maybe even pics&swatches!

PrettyKitty

That price is just stupid and crazy.. I guess I will only buy 2! They are the same price than the Prolongwear e/s but 1.2g instead of 3.4g.
ohboy.gif

Dominique33

Thank you for sharing Mac crazy, it sounds really promising I just love this collection !
Prices here are higher than in the US, yesterday I had to pay 108 € for 4 lipsticks and the Beauty powder ( 20 € each Marilyn lipstick and 28 € for the beauty powder ). We get never ever sales from M.A.C but I guess it's everywhere the same. I fear the Holiday collection will be the same, it will be launched in November so I have still time to save up money. I love 4 lipsticks out of 5 and at least 2 eyeshadows, probably more. In the US M.A.C is a very good middle end brand, here it's rather high end ( our M.A.C store is located in the smart area of town in fact ) and beauty addicts know their phone number by heart !
pretty.gif
To me it's really between middle and high end, M.A.C is just a fantastic brand !

MacAddictNurse

So I went again and took a look at the book for the collection, so the lipgloss sets are almost full size she said and the sets are $32.50 which I think it's worth it. The brush sets are $49.50, and the palettes with the eyeshadows are $39.50 I am definitely annoyed at the prices my list is going to get cut down drastically. Anyways the MUA told me that they already have a ton of stuff in but she couldn't show it to me I was late to catch a plane, so when I go back on Wednesday I'll take swatches and tons of pics and I'll post them right away.

maclovin baby

i pre-ordered for this collection today too....and OMG there is a leopard print travel bag that i didnt know about and it is amazeballs you open it up and it has a lace print and a thingy so you can hang it on something.im so excited she told me they are taking pre-orders starting tomorrow.

MACina

I think that they will be at least 19,50 Euro here!Maybe even more because "normal" e/s in special packaging are 19,50 Euro too.
So these might be more expensive because of the special texture...???
I wonder how much the e/s will be here. I plan to get the taupe and the champagne one, but not sure how much more I can afford if I get the blushes, a skinfinish and maybe l/s.
Can't wait to hear from everybody who goes to an event, please share your thoughts and maybe even pics&swatches!

liesierre

So I went again and took a look at the book for the collection, so the lipgloss sets are almost full size she said and the sets are $32.50 which I think it's worth it. The brush sets are $49.50, and the palettes with the eyeshadows are $39.50 I am definitely annoyed at the prices my list is going to get cut down drastically. Anyways the MUA told me that they already have a ton of stuff in but she couldn't show it to me I was late to catch a plane, so when I go back on Wednesday I'll take swatches and tons of pics and I'll post them right away.
I dont suppose you saw the release dates?

are the pigments/glosses coming out in november and not with glamour daze?