MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

maclovin baby

i know you werent asking me but....the book said the release date was october 25th for the holiday sets but she said the glamour daze she wasnt sure about.

liesierre

well crap. glamourdaze is gonna be this month...theres an event for it...

then i thought at least part of the other holiday collections would be released the same time, and then some other parts would be released in november...

Mac-Guy

then i thought at least part of the other holiday collections would be released the same time, and then some other parts would be released in november...
It's only two weeks away for Pros and for those attending events. Let's hope it won't get as crazy as the MM release.

Mac-Guy

So I went again and took a look at the book for the collection, so the lipgloss sets are almost full size she said and the sets are $32.50 which I think it's worth it. The brush sets are $49.50, and the palettes with the eyeshadows are $39.50 I am definitely annoyed at the prices my list is going to get cut down drastically. Anyways the MUA told me that they already have a ton of stuff in but she couldn't show it to me I was late to catch a plane, so when I go back on Wednesday I'll take swatches and tons of pics and I'll post them right away.
The snowglobes last year were 38 bucks, so it's "just" $1,50 more than last year. We definitely will break the $40 mark next year though.
wacko.gif
I only buy the palettes when I am into the design, though I usually prefer the couture collections over the holiday releases.

singer82

That price for the EDES is INSANE. I'm skipping them because of that. I purchased most of  the ones that launched in the spring (less Sweet Heat). Special packaging is one thing, but I'm not paying a similar price for less product overall.  Anyway, I'm still fine-tuning my list but I am definitely getting that vanity bag that KMQE716 mentioned! That is riiight up my alley! I'll get a few lipsticks, a couple of fluidlines and maybe a couple or all of the blushes. I'm undecided on any sets at this time. I love the leopard print, but I'm also willing to be patient and take the chance on the sets popping up at a CCO. 
Right! I'm in total shock with the prices of the shadows. It really is a shame cause I love the formula. I do have 6 of the bigger ones plus ELs cyber eyes so I'll probably pass on these. Unless a couple scream must have. That bag does sound awesome!

Anneri

I don't know why we're so behind things over here! My MUA told me today that she'll go to update at the end of October - consequently, she didn't know if they have an event for the collection or not. *pouts* I want an invite so bad!

mousygiggles

Even though they aren't rereleases they look so similar to the other ones for the most part. I also think that Beauty or whatever the light pink is looks more like Mlle than the one from GI.

MacAddictNurse

are the pigments/glosses coming out in november and not with glamour daze?
She told me that I can pick up everything I preorder on the 25th never mentioned two different release dates so I'm not sure where that's coming from. The pigments are gorgeous by the way, I usually don't like pigments I don't think I'm skilled enough to mess with them but these are some really pretty ones I'm kinda tempted to buy a set.

VampyCouture

I am a little turned off by the prices, like the 16.50 lipstick price was supposedly for licensing MMs image but I guess it costs the same to license glossy black? lol

If the EDES really are amazing I will buy a couple. I originally thought I would scoop a bunch up, but for 19.50 they have to prove themselves to me.

The hanger roll up thing sounds great to me. Maybe I could match my makeup to my clothes and compartmentalize them by outfits! Muahaha
th_crazy.gif
So true! My list went from getting 2 l/s, a blush, both EDSFs, and all 3 pencils to just getting the Superb skinfinish. Mac needs to be careful about raising the prices, because they will end up in the Nars/MUFE/Too Faced range and they will no longer be considered mid-end

lyseD

That price for the EDES is INSANE. I'm skipping them because of that. I purchased most of the ones that launched in the spring (less Sweet Heat). Special packaging is one thing, but I'm not paying a similar price for less product overall.

Anyway, I'm still fine-tuning my list but I am definitely getting that vanity bag that KMQE716 mentioned! That is riiight up my alley!

I'll get a few lipsticks, a couple of fluidlines and maybe a couple or all of the blushes. I'm undecided on any sets at this time. I love the leopard print, but I'm also willing to be patient and take the chance on the sets popping up at a CCO.
Which are your favourites from the spring release? I'm curious because we still have five or six on the Canadian site.

I have Sweet Heat, Lunar, Modern Pewter and Rich Core and love them all. I wore rich core yesterday and it is so GORGEOUS it looks like I have three different shadows on depending how the light hits.
heart2.gif

martiangurll

Tx for this KMQE716! Wow. Those lipsticks have my name written all over them. I like the look of the shadows and blushes also, but... all depends on swatches & finances at this point.
Thanks to both Naynadine and KMQE716 for the awesome intel!

I think I am more stoked for this collection than Marilyn and will probably have a better chance to actually get some things I want. I am not happy about the price hike of course, and I may be in the minority here, but to me the EDES are worth the extra money. Because of the increased cost, I may get less items, and have to be more selective, but they are actually better than most other e/s on the market such as Chanel or Dior. I cannot necessarily say that for any old MAC shadow, but these EDES, the Starflash and the Veluxe Pearl, they are worth the money IMHO.

CartoonChic

I was thinking about my shopping list last night. I think I came up with something more reasonable. It's a lot less than what I originally planned. I don't think I'll be able to get BUs of the fluidlines and some of the lipsticks like I wanted, and I limited myself to only 4 ED eye shadows.

Lipstick

• Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
  • Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS)
  • Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)

Extra Dimension Skinfinish

• Whisper of Gilt
  • Superb

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

• Divine Blue - midtone aqua
  • Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl
  • Round Midnight - dark burgundy
  • ? - depends on what I like the most after swatching

Fluidline

• Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
  • Little Black Bow - charcoal with dazzle pearl
  • Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl

I'm still going to swatch Beauty, Innocence and the lipglasses. If I'm wowed by anything, I'll see if I can squeeze them into my budget.

Mac-Guy

Thanks to both Naynadine and KMQE716 for the awesome intel!
I think I am more stoked for this collection than Marilyn and will probably have a better chance to actually get some things I want. I am not happy about the price hike of course, and I may be in the minority here, but to me the EDES are worth the extra money. Because of the increased cost, I may get less items, and have to be more selective, but they are actually better than most other e/s on the market such as Chanel or Dior. I cannot necessarily say that for any old MAC shadow, but these EDES, the Starflash and the Veluxe Pearl, they are worth the money IMHO.
Buckle up, GD is approaching fast.

Generally, the holiday collections have larger stock, so hopefully it will be less stressful than MM.

Beauty911

Lipstick

• Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
  • Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS)
  • Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)

Extra Dimension Skinfinish

• Whisper of Gilt
  • Superb

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

• Round Midnight - dark burgundy
  • also the purple and taupe shadows
  • also the blushes except the pink one

This is my list. I hope it is the gift sets that will be part 2 of the release. I want some of those. I'm a MAC newbie so maybe someone can answer this for me. Does the colour story usually sell out before the sets do?

Corally

My list is getting shorter and shorter lol. Thank god!! Might also get the green pigment set tho. Lipsticks: Innocence - soft coral (F) - maybe Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS) Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A) Extra Dimension Eyeshadow: Stolen Moment - dark taupe Fluidlines Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl - maybe Powder Blush: I'm the One - midtone blue pink - maybe Easy Manner - light dirty peach Small Vanity - dusty rose tan

OctoberViolet

My revised list for now. Some things may be removed & added depending.

Lipsticks:
Beauty - pale cool pink (G)
Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS)
Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow:
Ready to Party - pale lilac
Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl
Evening Grey - steel silver
Stolen Moment - dark taupe

Fluidlines:
Not sure about any of these right now. Maybes.
Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
Little Black Bow - charcoal with dazzle pearl
Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl

Powder Blush:
Small Vanity - dusty rose tan

crystalis007

My list is the same mostly because I really am dying to see ALL the EDES's swatched. I am hoping a few of them will be off my list after swatches since they are so expensive for the size. I want Outrageously Fun lipstick and Flight of Fancy gloss also but thats all from this collection. I know I'm getting annoyed/anxious way too soon but I thought we'd see some shadow swatches by now! Please let me know if I missed a link to them:) I miss the obvious sometimes!