MAC Illustrated Collection (July 2013)

MACina

eyelove.gif
...the gloss!!!!!!!!!!

But I am not sure about the lipstick anymore....I already have K&DT and Boldly Bare.

Do I need the bag???

Thank you so much for the swatches, JJJewels!!!

First things first: I opened the box and the lipstick, liner and gloss were just thrown in there, not contained in the bag. They also had no boxes of their own.
Second: a friend of mine pointed out, the nude bag has a very bright pink lipgloss. I know it's not a mistake because of the earlier descriptions and the displays I saw.

Now, onto swatches.

Left liner is Spice (for comparison) next to Boldly Bare liner. The Nude Proof lipstick beside it is heavily swatched, about 4 times. It's a gorgeous fairly sheer rich pink nude.
Left lipglass is Kiss Don't Tell from Archie's Girls (for comparison) next to the Drawn to Chic lipglass. As you can see the Drawn to Chic is a bit more sheer/less creamy than the Kiss Don't Tell. Still a gorgeous hot, almost coral pink.

Now if any of you buy the lip bags, tell me if the products came in their own boxes! If so, I am going back to Mac.

Ana A

Finally something I can skip altogether and never look back, thank you mac for your sucky job in this collection
thmbup.gif
....on to pressed pigments :)

kerry-jane88

hmm unsure about the nude bag now, that looks like a very pink lipglass to be in a nude set!
if the l/g isn't all that in the pink bag then i won't be getting that set, as i already have embrace me l/l and i don't really want girl about town l/s.

i asked mac chat uk when we would be getting this collection and she said august, no confirmed date.
does anyone know if this would be on counter in the uk?
i asked mac chat, said it'd probably be online only but weren't sure so told me to keep checking back.
i know the single makeup bags were online exclusives, but i can't remember if last years julie verhoeven collection was on counter or not.

Addict4MAC

First things first: I opened the box and the lipstick, liner and gloss were just thrown in there, not contained in the bag. They also had no boxes of their own.
Second: a friend of mine pointed out, the nude bag has a very bright pink lipgloss. I know it's not a mistake because of the earlier descriptions and the displays I saw.

Now, onto swatches.

Left liner is Spice (for comparison) next to Boldly Bare liner. The Nude Proof lipstick beside it is heavily swatched, about 4 times. It's a gorgeous fairly sheer rich pink nude.
Left lipglass is Kiss Don't Tell from Archie's Girls (for comparison) next to the Drawn to Chic lipglass. As you can see the Drawn to Chic is a bit more sheer/less creamy than the Kiss Don't Tell. Still a gorgeous hot, almost coral pink.

Now if any of you buy the lip bags, tell me if the products came in their own boxes! If so, I am going back to Mac.
Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure about the nude lip bag anymore. However I will get the pink lip bag because I missed Embrace Me l/l and have been wanting GAT.

missmeghan

hmm unsure about the nude bag now, that looks like a very pink lipglass to be in a nude set!
if the l/g isn't all that in the pink bag then i won't be getting that set, as i already have embrace me l/l and i don't really want girl about town l/s.

i asked mac chat uk when we would be getting this collection and she said august, no confirmed date.
does anyone know if this would be on counter in the uk?
i asked mac chat, said it'd probably be online only but weren't sure so told me to keep checking back.
i know the single makeup bags were online exclusives, but i can't remember if last years julie verhoeven collection was on counter or not.
The MAC girl I talked to said that the l/g is bold in the nude set in case you want to step it up and be a little bolder, and softer in the bold set in case you want to soften it up. I'm not sure if that is actually MAC's logic behind it... but it makes sense to me.

Addict4MAC

Quote:Originally Posted by missmeghan

The MAC girl I talked to said that the l/g is bold in the nude set in case you want to step it up and be a little bolder, and softer in the bold set in case you want to soften it up. I'm not sure if that is actually MAC's logic behind it... but it makes sense to me.

It makes a lot of sense. Makes me want both bags. lol

missmeghan

LOL. I could very well wind up with both lip bags as well next week after pay day... my bank account is basically bare now, after buying the face kit and brushes...
blush-anim-cl.gif

Rainbunny

First things first: I opened the box and the lipstick, liner and gloss were just thrown in there, not contained in the bag. They also had no boxes of their own. Second: a friend of mine pointed out, the nude bag has a very bright pink lipgloss. I know it's not a mistake because of the earlier descriptions and the displays I saw. Now, onto swatches. Left liner is Spice (for comparison) next to Boldly Bare liner. The Nude Proof lipstick beside it is heavily swatched, about 4 times. It's a gorgeous fairly sheer rich pink nude. Left lipglass is Kiss Don't Tell from Archie's Girls (for comparison) next to the Drawn to Chic lipglass. As you can see the Drawn to Chic is a bit more sheer/less creamy than the Kiss Don't Tell. Still a gorgeous hot, almost coral pink.  Now if any of you buy the lip bags, tell me if the products came in their own boxes! If so, I am going back to Mac.
I got the nude lip bag at the Bay in Vancouver today, and everything was loose.

missmeghan

Would love to hear about the brushes!
I might test em tomorrow morning, if I've got time before work
kisses.gif
so far, having not actually used them, they seem pretty decent. Obviously not *as* high quality as the usual ones, since they're not hand-made (or was it that they're synthetic...? LOL it's late and my brain is fried) but really, not terrible. How much they shed, if at all, however, we'll have to see... I kind of love how teeny they are, very cute and won't take up a crazy amount of room in my traincase! (it's getting seriously full D: )
yahoo.gif

Paint&Ink Chick

I did manage to get the Graffiti bag,yayy! Only because we were up late watching movies lol. The price was a bit steep,but just goes to show you make some cute...ppl will buy. I've never brought a Mac mu bag before,so I'm hoping for big results.

Suhsealeh

I did manage to get the Graffiti bag,yayy! Only because we were up late watching movies lol. The price was a bit steep,but just goes to show you make some cute...ppl will buy. I've never brought a Mac mu bag before,so I'm hoping for big results.
I was having a hard time deciding whether I wanted the graffiti bag or the AK Bag Curly Girl Bag. I went with AK because I thought it was a little "too" showy. :X

kerry-jane88

ah yeah i can see how that'd be a good way of doing a lip look.
the first mac lipstick i bought was myth and i remember the SA layering a pink lipglass on top to show me how to change it up :)