MAC - Mineralize Powder Foundation Discussion

kokometro

Re: MAC Mineralize Powder Foundation Discussion

BE has the Bismuth that I cannot work with. I hope that this one doesnot.
I use the MSF foundation but it has talc to bind it together in the dome (or so I was told). Talc makes my pores look huge. I was hoping that these would be something that will be good for those days when I don't need a whole face with primer/studio tech etc. I'm very excited to try this.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokometro
BE has the Bismuth that I cannot work with. I hope that this one doesnot.
I use the MSF foundation but it has talc to bind it together in the dome (or so I was told). Talc makes my pores look huge. I was hoping that these would be something that will be good for those days when I don't need a whole face with primer/studio tech etc. I'm very excited to try this.

our book says is "may contain (+/-)" bismuth oxychloride. it is, however, talc free.

tinagrzela

Pissed off!! I mean, I'm pale and I don't live overseas!!
ssad.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
Pissed off!! I mean, I'm pale and I don't live overseas!!
ssad.gif

Same here. Between that and the likelihood of it containing bismuth I don't think I will be cheating on my Alima anytime soon.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
our book says is "may contain (+/-)" bismuth oxychloride. it is, however, talc free.

Really the more I thought about this the less I like that MAC is apparently going to label the product this way. It may be one thing to say "may contain (+/-)" in a blush, but in a product that will go all over peoples' faces, and knowing the issues people have with that *particular* ingredient in MMU (people complain about it in BE, JI has removed it, etc.), the less than full disclosure is not cool.
nonono.gif

mz_malee

I wonder which gives better coverage Mac mineralize Powder vs. Bare Escentuals...I want to buy mineral powder and stop using the liquid foundation. I would appreciate if I can get some feedback.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz_malee
I wonder which gives better coverage Mac mineralize Powder vs. Bare Escentuals...I want to buy mineral powder and stop using the liquid foundation. I would appreciate if I can get some feedback.

No one will be able to compare those 2 for you yet since the MAC product isn't out yet, but there's a great forum here dedicated to mineral makeup and it has lots of info about all the popular brands like BE, Alima, Everyday Minerals, etc.

Mineral Makeup - Specktra.Net

coachkitten

I am really upset that they lightest shade won't be released in the states. I am sooooooooo pale and I don't think that they next shade will work at all. I was really looking forward to this.
ssad.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I am really upset that they lightest shade won't be released in the states. I am sooooooooo pale and I don't think that they next shade will work at all. I was really looking forward to this.
ssad.gif

it'll be released in the states. it just won't stay in the states. i'm sure it'll be available thru the 800# tho. lightful is an international collection (that was sent to some u.s. locations) that is available online and over the phone. it may be the same with the light color.

calm down people!

palespider

erine1881- i had heard about lightful but didnt know it was international only. do you know for sure that it can be ordered over the phone or perhaps where i could find more information about this product at.

i am very pale too and it takes alot of work jsut trying to get nc15 to look normal for me.
thank you
greengrin.gif

liv

Quote:
it'll be released in the states. it just won't stay in the states. i'm sure it'll be available thru the 800# tho. lightful is an international collection (that was accidentally sent to some u.s. locations) that is available on macpro and over the phone. it may be the same with the light color.

calm down people!

It's just frustrating that they release a product and initially offer it everywhere, with all the other colors and then after that, it's, "Sorry, you'll have to order it by phone and pay $8 shipping!" What a hassle. It goes a bit against their all races, sexes, ethnicities slogan they push so hard, in my opinion.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by palespider
erine1881- i had heard about lightful but didnt know it was international only. do you know for sure that it can be ordered over the phone or perhaps where i could find more information about this product at.

i am very pale too and it takes alot of work jsut trying to get nc15 to look normal for me.
thank you
greengrin.gif

were are you located? there are some stores that carry the lightful skincare. you could stop by and get some info and samples. the foundations, however, are asia only (if they are perm). the reasons for this are because that type of product is more desirable in those locations, and the demographics show it sells more there. plus, certain ingredients require less testing overseas than they do here. that's why charged waters for example was released overseas first. more testing needed to be done in order for them to be sold here. or order online or call the 800# to ask if and how you can get international only products.

lightful skincare locations
-the bay (markville, oakridge, richmond)
-macys (east flushing, west concord, west waikiki)
-mac (ala moana, berkeley, beverly center, east bay, hollywood & highland, houston, milllenia, north park, north robertson, perimeter, robson, west edmonton, south beach, south coast plaza, sunvalley)
-saks beverly hills

vickih

iagree.gif

it's been a very LONG time since I've been this excited about something that MAC has come out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
Cant wait to try these.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I've tried two different MMU brands and neither did it for me. I wonder if I will like this, although typically I don't trust MAC foundations. I am excited to see this though...

They should also make a MSF Natural in Deeper Dark.

damsel

i can't wait to try this out. the last two (alima + bare escentuals) mmu brands that i tried made me look ashy (which i heard is typical of mmu on deeper skin tones). hopefully mac has come up with a solution to this problem.

MACgirl

I have used bare esenctuals in the past and tried this about a week ago, BE did give me some breakouts and after awhile it would turn yellowish on my face. I also didnt like that i was SUPER glowworm when i put it on! I'm not bad talking it compared to ours just letting you know my opinion. MAc mineral loose is great, my skin wasnt super shiny and the coverage out performed BE for me, I did put it on with the 191 brush for fulll coverage and i cant wait for it to launch, looks like no more liquid for me!!! mineralize loose+strobe liquid+beuaty powder blush= my face forever!!

lethaldesign

Quote:

Big time bummer! Count me out then - bismuth makes my skin itch. If there is even a CHANCE that its in MAC'S MMU, then I won't even bother.

Renaylor

I contacted Nordstroms today to see if the mineralized powder foundation is in(I saw it on Nordstroms website-but no swatches though) and they told me it would not be available until March. The MAC pro store in Manhattan and the Macy's MAC counter in Yonkers told me the same. What a bummer. So I guess the release date for February 13th is being changed as well.

glam8babe

I love BE mineral foundation... i hope this is just as good!