MAC mineralize SPF 15 loose powder foundation

macchristyy

I did a search but couldn't find anything on this product. I wanna try it out and have gotten many mixed reviews. For those of you who have tried it can you tell me what you thought about this product and why? Thank you!

yodagirl

After using it for awhile, I would rate it okay but nothing special. It didn't look as cakey or shiny on my skin as Bare Escentuals did (which I LOVED), but it also really didn't give me a lot of coverage either. I had to apply tons of it to cover my skin, which wasn't cool. Not crazy about the wacky applicator either...got a little messy at times. Hope this helps!
smiles.gif

caramel_geek

I've used it for around 4 months.
I prefer light coverage, so the coverage wasn't a problem for me. I like how it doesn't feel cakey and you can't really feel like you've put on anything, which is why I like it. Looks very natural.
The applicator is hopeless tho. I use a #182 kabuki brush to buff it in.
Overall, I think it's a good foundation.
smiles.gif

HTHs.

X4biddenxLustX

I've tried it a few times after I ended up buying it when it first came out. I ended up returning it though. I just couldn't get a good color match in any of them. The coverage was very light and sheer though but enough to even out the tone a bit in your skin. And yeah the applicator it comes with sucks horribly. Use an actual brush for it instead.

alka1

How does it compare in terms of finish and coverage compared to Mineralize Skinfinish natural?

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
How does it compare in terms of finish and coverage compared to Mineralize Skinfinish natural?

Honestly in my opinion there almost the same when it comes to coverage. Very light and sheer. The Mineralize Skinfinish I've found to be much more matte and a tad bit drier, while the Loose had more of I guess you could call it shimmer to give more of a glow and wasn't as drying.

spectrolite

I've been using it for several months now and I adore it. I like it better than Studio Fix powder. The texture is really lovely and it goes on so nicely with my Too Faced kabuki. I always use a primer underneath it - a mixture of Mac's Prep + Prime Face Protect and Mehron's Matte Velvet primer. It looks really natural and you can build the coverage, but I prefer light so that my own skin shines through.

The only thing that I hate about the product is the packaging. The applicator is just rediculous but if you don't leave it in there then powder can get stuck in the lid. It would have been better if they made a bowl shaped lid so then you could tip some powder out into and swirl your brush if you wanted to. As the product runs down as well it's harder to get out.

Overall I think it's really great though and once I run out I will definitely buy again.

joojoobss

i really wanted to try this just because during that time i got into mineralized makeup, so i bought it. unfortunately, i non of the colors match me. i tried medium, medium dark, and then medium plus.. (i think im right between medium and med plus. im a nc 27 btw)
like above, i also find the coverage a little lighter, but if you spot conceal before it should be fine. (however if you dont like doing that then you might need to put on a few layers)
i have the Mineralize Skinfinish naturals too, and to me it feel like the same thing, just one is loose powder and one is compact.

Latest posts