MAC Moisturegleam and Microfine Refinisher

Krystle

Is the moisturegleam supposed to go over moisturizer or is it a moisturizer? Also, is it availible yet? I noticed they dont have it online yet, but I swear I saw it when I went to look at the Belle Azure stuff...does anyone know? Lastly...can you use it on your face? I have heard that you arent supposed to....wtf???

Also, has anyyone tried the cleanse off oil or the mmicrofine refinisher? I want to try both, but want to see what others are saying about them
smiles.gif

ms.marymac

It does contain ingredients to moisturize and protect, but some people may want to use their regular moisturizer first. Just like with Strobe Cream...some can get away with just the Strobe Cream alone, some get better results with pairing it with their regular moisturizer. It's mainly to give you a glow and to brighten and even out skintone.

It should be available, it's actually in the Lady Sol collection. I saw it on MAC's website last night.

xxyrbestbetxx

i just got it last night. it's supposed to be used on your body, but i heard it can also be used on your face. i just use it on my face cuse it has a hint of gold shimmer and i love that.

it's also only 17.50 for a HUGE tube, so if you're using it on your face, it'll last like 5 years.

strobe cream is a little thicker

*Stargazer*

I tried the Refinisher in the shower this morning.

LOVE IT! I can't say enough good things about it. You can use it on wet or dry skin and get great results. I honestly feel like my makeup went on better today after using it. I am glowing!

Liz

is the refinisher something y ou can use every day? or is it like a bi weekly thing like other microdermabrasion kits that you get from like loreal or nuetrogena?

MACreation

since i use such a tiny bit, i loved my sample, the container in huge tho...but i realize it gets in my eyes and makes them blurry vision, green gel cleanser does a much better job, with less dryiness to my skin and no vision paralasys whatsoever...lol

siren

for microfinerefinisher, MAC reccomends using it no more than twice weekley....Ive been using it for a couple of months now and my skin has never been so soft!

ms.marymac

If you have sensitive skin, ask for a sample of the Refinisher first, and be very gentle! It is way more abrasive than the Scrub. I would even only try it on a small portion of your face first...but that's just what I gathered from giving it a test drive.

I noticed on the Moisture Gleam tube, it is kind of vague about whether or not you can use it on the face-I checked my Update book and it says you can use it there.

MacLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
If you have sensitive skin, ask for a sample of the Refinisher first, and be very gentle! It is way more abrasive than the Scrub. I would even only try it on a small portion of your face first...but that's just what I gathered from giving it a test drive.

Thanks for mentioning this. I got a sample of it yesterday. I have sensitive skin and was kinda worried about using it!

anuy

mac skincare

hi! i currently use the green gel cleanser but my skin doesn't feel clean. i like that tingly (almost burning) feeling on my skin. if you know what i'm talking about. what other mac face wash can give this to me? i'm not oily or dry i'm just normal/combination. i use moisturefeed as my moisturizer and THAT gives me the ginly feeling i'm looking for. but it would be nice if my cleanser could give me that as well. i've also tried non MAC products and i like neutrogena but is there a MAC one that's worth buying?

Sanne

I love the moisture feed cream, and I adore the skin refinisher to death. otherwise I don't use MAC

dangerous missa

The skin refinisher is the best skincare product they make! I like the moisture feed cream too (why does it have the triangle next to it???), and my husband swears by the shave.

But for cleaners, I really don't like any of theirs.

Demosthenes

I don't use MAC cleansers, but for their general skin care I love their Moisture feed SPF 15, and their EZR, and Moisturefeed Eye... lots of stuff actually. For my cleanser I use The Body Shop's foaming Tea Tree Oil wash and it has a nice tingly feeling and I feel really clean.

Are you using the MAC gel cleanser to take your makeup off too? That may be why your face doesnt' feel so clean. I use wipes to get everything off, then use the cleanser to clean my face.

Luxurious

MAC Skincare

What about MAC skincare. Have you products and what do you think about them. are this Mac thing good? Should i buy products of skincare?:confused:
fluffy.gif

Thanks for answer.
th_worship.gif

productjunkie

MAC skincare is actually really good. Fast Response Eye cream is awesome... it helps de-puffs under the eye area. I use it on my eye lid as well. It can also be used am and pm. I'm 21 and dont really need eye cream but this will help in a couple years.
smiles.gif
Also, I suggest the Green Gel Cleanser, it is SO amazing. If u want your skin to be squeaky clean use this. Another good one is the Cleanse off Oil. And last but not least always carry a bottle of Fix+ around with you and spray yourself when your skin feels a little dehydrated. Its another amazing product.

mspixieears

I'm a bit of a skincare junkie and not usually attracted to skincare from a cosmetics line, but have tried MAC's cleanse off oil which is excellent compared to several different brands of cleansing oils I've tried, and also the microfine refinisher which sadly comes in 3rd on my list (Dermalogica's daily microfoliant and Stila's new retexturing scrub beat it) but having said that, it's also very good. But probably not fab for sensitive skin.

So from what little I've tried, I've been much more impressed than I thought I'd be. Hope that is helpful!