MAC No-rehire?

DirtyMelodies

I worked for MAC for a little less than a year, from 2010-2011. I really loved my job, and did my best to constantly improve my skills. However, my parents managed to convince me that I should try to find a "normal" desk job with the Canadian government, so I registered for a university program.

When I told my manager about going to school (I registered as a part-time student, and picked my class schedule so I could work during most store hours and every weekend), she told me that unfortunately, she couldn't make the schedule work for me if I was going to go to school. (I had a 22-hours a week position.) I thought it was kind of unfair, since another girl at the counter had about the same number of hours as I did (I think she had 25) and was in a full-time law program. Anyhow, for some reason I just accepted it, and decided to resign. I regretted it immediately, and cried like a baby on my last shift. It sucked.

After I left, I saw on my online MAC store account that my manager hadn't disabled my staff discount. I ordered stuff with it probably twice, totaling probably less than 150$ value. I know it was extremely dumb, and I shouldn't have, but at the time I was hurt and angry at the company. I'm still kicking myself for it. The discount got removed after a while, a few months later. I never got contacted by the company regarding anything.

Since then, I've re-applied twice at my local MAC counters, and never got called back. I was wondering if I'm wasting my time, or if the managers would actually tell me if I was non-hireable. If so, how long does it take for the company to destroy ex-staff files? I know I've made a mistake, but I really feel like I belong with this company, and it's my dream job. I've been regretting my decision to quit ever since I gave my letter three years ago.

Please tell me there's still hope?

iwhypphace

Remember you will always get what you are suppose to HAVE no matter what!!!!! There's always hope because our blessing don't come from man but from God. Maybe you haven't heard from them because there's something out there better for YOU. Try a new company like MUFE. MAC is not everything and your talent is not limited to just MAC. Your AWESOME and timing is key. Forgive yourself and keep moving forward.