mac pays for your college?!

darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I would be surprised if it were for cosmetology schools. From what I've heard from a lot of people within the comapny, they're un-impressed my cosmetology schools in general.
I think it could be anything from business courses, to art courses to chemistry type of things. Not really sure.

I'm so glad.. I'm starting art school (not fine arts though, more graphic design/advertising type art) in January and tuition is basically killer. I'm thinking of applying for MAC between March to April so maybe that can help IF I get hired haha

MisStarrlight

Bernadette covered most of it, but for tuition reimbursement....
*you must be full time (30+ hours)
*you must be enrolled in a program to further your MAC career (art, business, etc)
*your school schedule cannot interfere with your work schedule-work comes first if MAC is paying for it
*you pay for everything first & then MAC will reimburse you a portion (not the whole thing)

I was soooooo looking forward to this benefit, but I'm moving & giving up full time at the end of Holiday & I never got a chance to get my school junk situated :-(

pixichik77

Work comes first... Since they are reimburing, that makes perfect sense.

But at my school, where you are required to do at least 20 hours of crew a week, plus run shows... It would never work with MAC's reimburement. and school comes first in that case.