Mac Pro Palettes discussion

jsmile

Are there any other reviews of the double palette? Since one side is essentially upside down, i wonder if there would be fallout if it gets moved around (i.e. in luggage)? I have the single sided ones which fits 24 eyeshadows without the inserts ($20). If you get the double sided palettes, you pretty much have to get the inserts cause one side is upside down; you end up with 30 eyeshadows. Thats a really hefty price tag. $11x2 inserts + $30 + 12% tax is almost $60canadian for plastic! Since i have ocd and they need to match, i would need 3. At $180, i could by 15 new eyeshadows. Mac really knows how to make money. Very tempted though. Yikes! If you fit 30 eyeshadows into a palette and you start from scratch. It will cost over $420

luvlydee

Has the price in the store changed too?
nope i had ordered swiss chocolate pro palette last week and it was $12 dollars. i knew it was $10 on the site at the time but swiss chocolate was sold out. then i come home and see they had restocked on swiss chocolate. i was so upset but oh well. lol

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
e/s refill pans were raised to flippin' 14,50 Euro here with the last price increase. Not fair.
angry.gif

Yazmin

I saw the double palette tonight and I want it! It's pretty much true that you have to get the insert in order to make sure they stay put in there. I don't think the pans would stay put in there otherwise.

27dots

I saw the double palette tonight and I want it! It's pretty much true that you have to get the insert in order to make sure they stay put in there. I don't think the pans would stay put in there otherwise.
aw, this kills it for me. I was hoping to use it with no inserts..

ChosenOne

I really wish they would get the cases (not the inserts) for the palettes back in stock. They've been OOS for a long time now and I would love to get my depotting project going!
getyou.gif

GlamQueen21

^I know! I hope they restock them soon! I only need one more eyeshadow in the old style plattte (my 10th one) and I'm finished with that one.

meaghanb123

Just picked up the double sided palette today at my local freestanding store. Got two of the eyeshadow inserts as I figure ill do one side with my everyday mattes and the other with shimmers. Kinda ridiculous that the whole thing was almost $45 though!

MACupGrl

Are there any videos showing exactly how to put in and take out eyeshadows from the NEW palettes? Sorry, I'm a noob:(

KMQE716

i have a question do yall think that these double palettes will keep Studio Tech foundations and concealers creamy in them? i am tempted to depot those into the ones with the deep wells but i don't want to waste product

erine1881

i have a question do yall think that these double palettes will keep Studio Tech foundations and concealers creamy in them? i am tempted to depot those into the ones with the deep wells but i don't want to waste product 
Most definitely NOT studio tech. Tech has to remain in an airtight container, otherwise it'll dry up in a hot second! It'll handle FC foundation and SFC. I depotted my SFC and put them into eyeshadow pans and put em in the old shadow palette. These don't need to be airtight.

ChosenOne

So has anyone gotten the new double-sided palette and love it? Debating between the single-sided ones (which I like because of the see-through lid and the fact that my e/s never has to be upside-down, so no powder can possibly slip and transfer to other colors in the palette) or the new double-sided ones (more cost-effective and probably takes up less space than 2 single-sided...plus these are available online right now, whereas I feel like I've been waiting forever for the single-sided to be back in stock).

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

KMQE716

It'll handle FC foundation and SFC. I depotted my SFC and put them into eyeshadow pans and put em in the old shadow palette. These don't need to be airtight.
Hahaha i just messaged you before i came to check responses. ARG!! so check my message bc i had another question anyways. thanks so much im glad i didnt do it anyways

erine1881

So has anyone gotten the new double-sided palette and love it?  Debating between the single-sided ones (which I like because of the see-through lid and the fact that my e/s never has to be upside-down, so no powder can possibly slip and transfer to other colors in the palette) or the new double-sided ones (more cost-effective and probably takes up less space than 2 single-sided...plus these are available online right now, whereas I feel like I've been waiting forever for the single-sided to be back in stock). Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!
As far as space saving, one double will be the same size as two singles. I don't get the fascination of being able to see the colours thru the window tho :hmm:

ChosenOne

I don't get the fascination of being able to see the colours thru the window tho
hmm.gif
I just think they're nicer to look at than a black lid with a label on it telling me which palette is which. Of course, the ones with the black lids have their advantages too (I find the individual colors much easier to label on the old palettes). I'm honestly most concerned about which palette is going to keep my e/s in the best condition. Not sure how I feel about one side of my palettes being stored upside down, even if there is a hard plastic barrier between the two sides. I'm so anal retentive about not contaminating any e/s with other e/s colors.

erine1881

I just think they're nicer to look at than a black lid with a label on it telling me which palette is which.  Of course, the ones with the black lids have their advantages too (I find the individual colors much easier to label on the old palettes).  I'm honestly most concerned about which palette is going to keep my e/s in the best condition.  Not sure how I feel about one side of my palettes being stored upside down, even if there is a hard plastic barrier between the two sides.  I'm so anal retentive about not contaminating any e/s with other e/s colors.
Hahaahahha nuttin that a quick blow on the shafows won't fix!

allThingsGirl

I just put in an order for the double sided case and 2 blush inserts. I hope it's not too monstrous.

I'll let you guys know how it is when I get it.