MAC recommendations

xiahe

i'm very subtle when it comes to makeup and i don't use a lot of makeup at all - just some eyeliner on the top lid and sometimes i'll dust some powdered shadow over it with the 266 brush (usually nocturnelle or satellite dreams), curl my lashes and put on some mascara and then put some lip balm / chapstick / sometimes gloss on my lips. these are the current MAC items that i own:

nocturnelle e/s
satellite dreams e/s
beautiful iris e/s
swish e/s
blacktrack fluidline

and here are 2 very terrible pictures of me for reference:

n39115207_32647137_3666.jpg

this one was from the hookah bar lol (sorry BAD picture - i *REALLY* need to whiten my teeth again they look so yellow!!!!
ssad.gif
)

n39115207_32287800_8755.jpg

and here is a better close-up one (also a better picture of my everyday makeup...tho my mascara never really photographs that well for some reason)

anyway, any recommendations for me? i was poking around the MAC website and this was what i'm interested in:

Jest, Nylon, Dazzlelight, Clue e/s
Politely Pink l/s (i've NEVER worn lipstick and i'm kind of afraid...do you guys think this would suit me?)
Prrr l/g

any other recs would be great, too! (and maybe how to revamp my makeup haha...i'm in college so i really need to focus more on school than makeup and i don't really have a lot of time in the mornings to "make me up" haha...but i still want to feel pretty because it makes me feel better about myself =) )

thanks, everyone!!!

gigglegirl

Have you checked out the N collection yet? I'm newer to wearing lipstick so checked out this collection. 3N Lipstick is a nice nudey-pink!

For eyeshadows you seem to have mostly purple type colours. What other shades are you willing to branch out to? I have a few pinks and absolutely fell in love with Neutral Pink from the N Collection!
For the lighter colours I'd say check out Nylon/Dazzlelight in person and see which texture you prefer. I'd probably not get them both as I'd want a wider range of colours. Are you interested in browns at all? I'd check out Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, Mulch and see again which you prefer (I started out with Woodwinked but then got Satin Taupe and much prefer it!)
I also light All That Glitters for a overall wash of light colour.

Well that should get you started....have fun!

tiramisu

I would say you'd probably like Dazzlelight or Nylon, but not both (like the previous poster said). Jest and Clue are really pretty too without being over the top... so good choices. I would also say look into Mulch and other pinks/browns?

Politely Pink is really pretty and soft, but shimmery, so if you're okay with that, I'd say go for it. Other ideas? I think would be maybe:
Pretty Please, Plink! or more neutral: Hug Me and Jubilee... to get used to lipstick without being so bright and "look at me I've got on l/s!!" LOL
Also look at the N collection too!
I am in the minority, but I don't like Prrr... it looks weird on my naturally pinky lips...I am an NW20 for reference (pic in my profile) I prefer other pink l/g along with specifically Viva Glam V (this is really pigmented and I like it more than a lot of my l/s's!) and the lipgelees are awesome too as a chapstick alternative, if you haven't tried them already! HTH

Simply Elegant

Love nectar lustreglass would be good because it's not a bright shade and goes with lots of colours. It's pretty natural and not as sticky. Hug me lipstick might be good too.

For eyeshadows, mulch, jest, malt, woodwinked, romp, twinks and browndown would be nice.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
I would say you'd probably like Dazzlelight or Nylon, but not both (like the previous poster said). Jest and Clue are really pretty too without being over the top... so good choices. I would also say look into Mulch and other pinks/browns?

Politely Pink is really pretty and soft, but shimmery, so if you're okay with that, I'd say go for it. Other ideas? I think would be maybe:
Pretty Please, Plink! or more neutral: Hug Me and Jubilee... to get used to lipstick without being so bright and "look at me I've got on l/s!!" LOL
Also look at the N collection too!
I am in the minority, but I don't like Prrr... it looks weird on my naturally pinky lips...I am an NW20 for reference (pic in my profile) I prefer other pink l/g along with specifically Viva Glam V (this is really pigmented and I like it more than a lot of my l/s's!) and the lipgelees are awesome too as a chapstick alternative, if you haven't tried them already! HTH

i was actually thinking about lipgelee's but idk what color to choose! i've seen pictures of a lot of them but they all look so different on everyone's lips...what's your favorite or what would you recommend?

j_absinthe

If you don't feel comfortable with lipstick, try starting out with lipgelle or lipglass. Then, when you feel more comfortable with that, progress into lip pencils and lipstick.

Personally, I think the purples would really suit you. You look really young and cute, so I think that I'd keep the colors soft and feminine. I'd also recommend a bit of blush on the apples of cheeks to warm and "wake" your face up, something like Coygirl or Dame.

Lu-be-Lu Lipgelee may be a good place to start.