MAC Ripping Us Off?

SMMY

Or you could pick up the new Chanel Celestial glossimers, some of which are like the dazzleglasses, but better in my opinion. You get so much more product than you do with the dazzleglasses. Glossimers are $27 for 0.19oz and dazzleglasses are $18 for 0.06 ozs. So glossimers are $142/oz versus Dazzleglasses at $300/oz. Who would have thought they'd see the day when Chanel was cheaper than Mac?
This isn't my pic., but it'll give you an idea of the new Celestial glossimers are like. Some are more like Dazzleglasses and other are more like traditional glossimers.

Courtesy of jojoba from makeup alley

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/...2da05b90_o.jpg

* Nebula a Parma pink sparkling with blue, white and violet pearlizers
* Venus a vivid pink with gold and pink mica
* Silex a coral bursting with coppery and rosy reflectors
* Météore a rosy copper
* Cosmos a red-brown sprinkled with gold
* Mica a tender, sweet and opalescent pink
* Mirage a starry dark violet
* Jupiter a red boosted with matching pearlizers

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ Wow and those actually have great color payoff!!!

I know. I've been drooling over Venus, Jupiter and Cosmos.

ETA: I have Sideral from last years collection and it is drop dead gorgeous. It beats the pants off the dazzleglasses that I have easily, for color and sparkliness. Once I did the math, I decided I'm not ever going to buy dazzleglasses again, when there is a better and less expensive alternative. Oh and I've used my Sideral tons of times and I'm barely down a third of a tube. Thank you Chanel!

ETA, part deux: and a picture of what last years collection looked like in the tube. Again not my picture, borrowed from zeynep81 at makeup alley again.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...ssimers-2-.jpg

TISH1124

Sideral was the one that caught my eye immediately...and I like EVERY single one from the 1st post

coachkitten

I love Chanel glossimers but haven't bought one in quite sometime because they are so expensive. But now that you broke it down for me SMMY I think that I might have to get one of these.

Wow $300 an ounce of dazzleglass! That is terrible!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Seriously make your own dazzleglasses!! Get some clear lipglass and a sample of reflects glitter and you have a much cheaper version of MAC's dazzleglass. The look great over lipsticks or mixed with a colored lipglass.

I really love dazzleglasses but for the amount of product and the price I have really tried to only get the ones that are super unique.

I refuse to buy Dazzleglasses. They are pretty but I am not paying $18 for lip gloss when you get so little. So I wont buy even one. What's the point in becoming attached.

Face2Mac

Wow, I remember when Glossimers were $23. But they make the best clear/pink lipgloss called Glaze. The wear on the gloss is amazing, brilliant, I dare say.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Tish, this one's for you:

Wooowzaaaaaa I am going to bed...My credit card is starting to fold around the edges!!

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I love Chanel glossimers but haven't bought one in quite sometime because they are so expensive. But now that you broke it down for me SMMY I think that I might have to get one of these.

Wow $300 an ounce of dazzleglass! That is terrible!

I know, I feel like Debbie Downer bagging on Mac, but the dazzleglasses are ridiculously overpriced for what they are. I picked a few up at my CCO to see what the buzz was about for these, last year. Dazzleglasses are pretty, but they have an odd chemical smell (like some sort of organic solvent that's outgassing from the lipglass) and almost no pigment. Just my opinion again, but they don't hold a candle to my Sideral glossimer and I get to use my glossimer for more than 3x the amount of time that a dazzleglass lasts me. I don't mind paying more for a quality product, but in this case the higher quality product happens to be less expensive and it's Chanel to boot. So win-win for my pocketbook.
thmbup.gif

I strongly suggest trying the Chanel glossimers out in person, as not all of the Celestial Collection is uber-sparkly. Some of them are pearl formulas instead.

Oh and Tish, I know what you mean about Sideral. I almost made skidmarks stopping in my tracks at my Chanel counter when I saw it and had to stop and get it. I actually went "oooh" when I saw it and the Chanel MA told me that she got that reaction a lot with that particular glossimer. Sparkle-love!
love.gif

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Tish, this one's for you:

Channeling our board bard, Rbella:

I think I just pooped my pants.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Channeling our board bard, Rbella:

I think I just pooped my pants.

Ah, I'll be getting you depends as well...
th_LMAO.gif

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Wooowzaaaaaa I am going to bed...My credit card is starting to fold around the edges!!

Have nice glossimer dreams. They are wonderful. Two of my favorite colors are called Spark and Twinkle. FYI
yes.gif

LMD84

i'm also dissapointed with the lack of product in dazzleglasses... however i knew from when they got released the first time how qickly they seem to get used up
ssad.gif
that's why i limit myself on them. i only break them out on special occasions!! oh and i agree with the hello kitty hk one... i've used mine once and over 1cm is gone! what the hell? i don't even use that much on my lips.

Face2Mac

Ernie I agree on Spark (sparkly gold red). I have Spark, Hacienda, Jelly and Galaxy.

Use only one, Spark over red lipsticks which is why I wanted Love Alert d/g, but can't pull the trigger, too little product for that price.

lara

Dazzleglasses are measured by weight over volume. The more solids you add to a gloss base the heavier the product gets, ergo the reduced product volume.

MissResha

i swear to god.

i swear to god.

this site is horrible for my wallet. and WHY did my mom call me this morning askin if i'd go to the MAC store with her to help her find some stuff. yea right. like i'd really help HER when i'd be too busy being selfish and loading up for myself. i need help.

TangoMT

I have noticed this too with my dazzleglasses! My older colors like Date Night and Miss Dynamite are so full they make smooching sounds when I close the tube...the ones I have from Double Dazzle already have a large air bubble in them, and that's just from one use/swatch. It leads to me obsessively turning my dazzleglasses like hot dogs on a grill anytime I open my lipglass storage drawer so I don't have to look at that bubble!

Superkaz

Yeah, a lot of companies in all areas are admitting to giving less in their products compared to charging us more.
They think we wont notice or something?