MAC store experiences

Arlossiel

I've never had a bad experience at my local counter per se, but I do wish there were more employees. There's usually 2-3 there at any given time, but being as it's the only counter in the city, it's usually pretty swamped, and quite often one of the MA's is doing someone's makeup. I also wish we had more E/S colours, as I'm fairly certain we only have about half of the colours in the permanent collection.

I have to agree with the other people here about the testers, though. I've seen girls just shove their fingers into E/S testers or even try out glosses straight from the bottle. I mean, what do they think the jars of Q-tips are for? I always use those for E/S testing, and I always ask to test lipsticks/glosses, so they can sterilize them before and after. Maybe it's just me being anal, but I sort of wish they'd post a little makeup counter etiquette sign by the testers or something ...

ohnitapplebum

I wish the counters would keep the q-tips and stuff visible so that ppl would see them and use sanitary means of testing out stuff. Instead, they always keep that stuff behind the makeup.

Elorien

At my store the q-tips are plentiful, but the kleenex and wipes are hidden out of reach when I want to clean my hand off :p

ohnitapplebum

to go along with what elorien said, i've noticed that i only get offered the wipes at the pro store. actually, i prefer the customer service at pro stores so much more. I get more of a sephora vibe, where i feel like I'm at a playground for makeup and am free to test to my hearts desire. at counters, i feel like they're breathing down my neck.

Shine

re

What I notice is that the people at my local counter can sometimes be cold, even though I have bought tons of makeup from their counter in the last year. I am a really regular customer, so I don't really get that.

Alison

I have only had excellent service at my local counter and the one at South Gate Mall in Edmonton (I think those are the only ones that I have been to).

I am always offered a tissue and q-tips when I approach the testers. I do wish that they had a box of tisssues on the counter though so I can easily take another one when the fisrt one gets too mussed up.

The one pet peeve I have for customers is the ones who stick their fingers in the foundation bottles. They can't be sterilized and unlike l/g they don't have an extra set behund the counter for on-face testing. The MA's are more than happy to put a little bit on a sponge for you and even test it on you if you just ask.

Although I admit I wa one of those "finger in the eyeshadow" people when I first started going to the MAC counter (and I still do from time to time if I forget / don't have a Q-tip).

nphernetton

I have both a MAC counter and a store nearby. I normally go to the counter as it's never as busy and I get much more personal attention. It seems that in the store they are so swamped from open to close that even if you have a rep. helping you they are constantly being bothered by random people. It bugs me when people cant be curteous and wait their turn. I love the ladies and guy who work at our counter though! They are all so friendly and helpful! Go MAC!

Juneplum

I always get excellent service from the PRO store on South Beach, or the Nordies or Macy's counters..
Most of the MA's know me so I guess i'm lucky =) My pet peeve IS the people that test with their fingers.. No asking for q-tips or anything.. It's not sanitary at ALL!!

fiejenn1

every pro store ive been to near me has been a bad experience. they seem to act cold and like u r so far beneath them. each time ive left without purchasing anything and went to a counter instead

amy

In some cases, but certainly not all, I think the MAs could use a bit of an attitude adjustment. Like I said, not all cases.

I don't like it when people stick their dirrty hands in the eyeshadows. Or try to put the tester lipglass wand on their lips (the stub one in the actual tester). Yes, I've seen it attempted.

And I wish my counter was a store instead, but that's because I'm selfish
greengrin.gif

singinmys0ng

Totaly agere with the post up there. The 2-3 people that do work there just hang around for a while and if they don't think your going to buy anything they run off to another person! lol ..oh and I also do wish they had the wipe off too..I always have to ask for those myself..but other than that I love Mac..I just wish there were more Pro Macs around!

alt629

I too have had a hell of a lot of what I perceive as subpar customer service at counters. I think part of it is due to being understaffed at times, but sometimes they are just not very friendly. Which I don't understand, b/c if you are even halfway nice to me I will easily buy twice as much crap (cause it doesn't take much suggestion...).

Then again, if I worked at a MAC, I might have a different perspective (for better or for worse). Who knows?