MAC UK Interview Process & Demos

jadezzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilye_b
Hey! Have me interview and demo Thursday did u have to take a portfolio and what questions did they ask you at interview do you have to go through product knowledge when doing your demo

Hi Emilye_b! Yes I was asked in the letter to bring my portfolio..do you have one?its very benefical if you do! They ask you a range of questions :

What do you know about MAC?
Why would you like to work for us?
Tell me a time when you were in a difficult situation with a customer?
How did you resolve the issue?
What do you think MACs dress code is?
Give me a time when a customer thought you gave great customer service?
How would you get along with your new team members?
What colour would you describe yourself?

There are alot of scenario type questions and they ask you ALOT!!! You have both on the same day? What type of position is it? with the demo try to sanitise all the time, keep everything neat on the table with tissues under neatt, NEVER put any product on hands or fingers on model! Talk alot and give as much product knowledge as possible!! More importantly act like your enjoying it and having fun! It shows!! Let me know how you get on!! Good luck!!
yahoo.gif

jadezzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcats
I'm afraid I don't know, but best of luck! What did they make you do in the demo? Mine is next week, very nervous.

Have you had yours yet??......

lolcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadezzzz
Have you had yours yet??......

YeaI had mine. Messed it up because I was so nervous
th_dunno.gif

jadezzzz

Quote:
YeaI had mine. Messed it up because I was so nervous
th_dunno.gif

I bet you didnt do as bad as you thought.. what happened?x

lolcats

I forgot mascara and blusher! Darn nerves, although I don't think I actually saw any mascara....

lolcats

I only got asked customer service questions which surprised me. For the demo I had to do winged liner and a bold lip. Have you found out if you got it yet.

jadezzzz

Quote:
I only got asked customer service questions which surprised me. For the demo I had to do winged liner and a bold lip. Have you found out if you got it yet.

They are very big on customer service! that is an interesting demo! sounds cool! did they have everything laid out for you then? Yea I got the job just found out! Let me know how you get on.. did they say when they'd be in touch?
winks.gif

paparazziboy

Quote:
Oh thats brilliant congradulations! Hopefully by october the 1st, so fingers crossed.

Good luck I was hired Septemberd 8th I did my paperwork Monday I start in 2 weeks

lolcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazziboy
Good luck I was hired Septemberd 8th I did my paperwork Monday I start in 2 weeks

Thank you and congradulations! I saw your look you did for the interview, no wonder you got the job it was lovely!

Emilye_b

Had my interview and demo last Thursday also had to do an eye liner and lip. Do they get back to you even if your not successful? Was suppose 2 hear back by today

lolcats

Oh I'm guessing we was at the same interview then! What store are you applying for? I haven't heard anything either

banana1234

Quote:
It was for Croydon Christmas temp what about you? Apparently they write to you with outcome

wish i'd known about that!

lolcats

Quote:
It was for Croydon Christmas temp what about you? Apparently they write to you with outcome

Ah thats not very helpful considering they have my parents address as I have just moved to uni accom.

I applied for the guildford xmas temp job btw.

KawaiiPrincess

I passed my telephone interview and I'm waiting for the area manager to contact me for a face-to-face interview. I applied for the cashier role and I'll mostly be on the tills processing transactions and selling additional products to customers. I was wondering if I would have to do a demo on a model because I wasn't told I would need to in my telephone interview? I have lots of retail and customer service experience but not much makeup experience. I'm going to do a makeup course in the summer and they seemed ok with that.

*Katie*

Can anyone give me any hints/tips for the phone interview? I am going to call today and apparently it's a first stage interview, it's only part time. I dont have any MU qualifications, but gonna give it a go anyway xx TIA

hdblue

Can anyone give me any hints/tips for the phone interview? I am going to call today and apparently it's a first stage interview, it's only part time. I dont have any MU qualifications, but gonna give it a go anyway xx TIA

Hi everybody,

You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions or use search box or this site.

Best rgs