MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

spunky

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I don't need any yellow-toned pinks, because I have Plink!, plus Utterly Frivolous from Fafi to fit that bill. However, I remember seeing someone here (I'm sorry, I can't remember who, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't either Erine or HerGreyness) saying that it was a colour they couldn't really describe. That makes me more interested and, as we all know, MAC's descriptions are not always on the money. I'll wait to see that one, or at least to see swatches.

i wish i hadn't read that, now i'm intrigued!
tong.gif

Kirsty

I wonder if Innocence, Beware - light yellow pink..will be of similar colour to In Synch l/l from too fabulous?

I didn't like that colour on me. Whilst I am warm toned, I prefer blue pinks to yellow pinks on myself.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I do like the feel of lustres, but I won't buy them anymore because of the lanolin in them (I hate that cruel wool business!
angry.gif
).

Are you serious!?! Damn. Why didn't I know that? No lustres for me anymore, I guess.... BOO!
girl_devil.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Are you serious!?! Damn. Why didn't I know that? No lustres for me anymore, I guess.... BOO!
girl_devil.gif

Yeah, it's with lustres and amplifieds.
ssad.gif
Both good finishes but I cannot support it. Sometimes I feel so lonely trying to fight against animal cruelty, so I'm very glad to have found another animal lover here who understands where I'm coming from - you!
th_kiss.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
I feel ya! I have Utterly Frivolous, too.
tong.gif
I hope Innocence, Beware! will be unique. I want to see something indescribable!
cutey.gif

I feel very slow because I could not find Plink! on the MAC website. Has it been discontinued?
shockt.gif

It has, actually. I found one at a local MAC, but I think it's been taken off the site now. It's a recent discontinuation, so I expect there's probably a few floating around.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
ssad.gif
Both good finishes but I cannot support it. Sometimes I feel so lonely trying to fight against animal cruelty, so I'm very glad to have found another animal lover here who understands where I'm coming from - you!
th_kiss.gif

I know just how you feel! It is very rare that I find someone this dedicated to the cause. Yay!
drinks.gif

That sucks about amplifieds, too.
angry.gif
Well, if I can't get either of the Maleficent lipsticks now, at least I'm saving money.
th_DANCE.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Cremesheen has a much better color payoff -- lustre's are pretty but sometimes need to be swiped over and over again to get more color and they don't last too long
yes.gif

of course, lustres feel more moisturizing
yes.gif

Thank you, HerGreyness! I will give cremesheens more try. First of all, I should give my one and only cremesheen lipstick, Ever Hip, more love.
cutey.gif

Quote:
ssad.gif
th_kiss.gif

omg.gif
Lustres and amplified are my favorite finishes. Boo. Thank you, PinkBasset.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
It has, actually. I found one at a local MAC, but I think it's been taken off the site now. It's a recent discontinuation, so I expect there's probably a few floating around.

Thanks, katred! I thought I was paying attention to "Going, Going, Gone..." section at the MAC website.
th_crazy2.gif
lol.gif
I'll check it at my counter.
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
omg.gif
Lustres and amplified are my favorite finishes. Boo. Thank you, PinkBasset.

Same! Agree with everything!
angry.gif

But hey, I just cut $60 off my list. I don't want these lipglasses w/o the lipsticks, I realized, so this is turning out to be a blessing in disguise.
graucho.gif

Me New List (w/o amplifieds)
[FONT=&quot]Evil Queen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Eyeshadow) Vile Violet[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Maleficent
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Mineralize Eyeshadow) My Dark Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Deep pink with pink pearl/Deep plum with purple pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Mineralize Eyeshadow) She Who Dares[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Deep navy with blue pearl/Deep forest green with lime pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Beauty Powder) Briar Rose[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Soft violet pink with pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Bad Fairy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Red with multichanging pigments
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Formidable![/FONT][FONT=&quot] Teal green with pink pigment
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Mean & Green[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Purple with teal pigment
Dr. Facilier
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Greasepaint Stick) Slick Black[/FONT][FONT=&quot] True carbon black
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Greasepaint Stick) French Quarter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Black green with multicolor pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Pigment) Brash and Bold[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Bright magenta
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Pigment) Push the Edge[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Deep bright purple with pearl[/FONT]

Are there any other MAC products I should be avoiding, PinkBasset? Apparently, I haven't done my research
blush-anim-cl.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Same! Agree with everything!
angry.gif

But hey, I just cut $60 off my list. I don't want these lipglasses w/o the lipsticks, I realized, so this is turning out to be a blessing in disguise.
graucho.gif

Me New List (w/o amplifieds)
[FONT=&quot]Evil Queen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Eyeshadow) Vile Violet[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Maleficent
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Mineralize Eyeshadow) My Dark Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Deep pink with pink pearl/Deep plum with purple pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Mineralize Eyeshadow) She Who Dares[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Deep navy with blue pearl/Deep forest green with lime pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Beauty Powder) Briar Rose[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Soft violet pink with pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Bad Fairy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Red with multichanging pigments
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Formidable![/FONT][FONT=&quot] Teal green with pink pigment
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Nail Lacquer) Mean & Green[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Purple with teal pigment
Dr. Facilier
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Greasepaint Stick) Slick Black[/FONT][FONT=&quot] True carbon black
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Greasepaint Stick) French Quarter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Black green with multicolor pearl
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Pigment) Brash and Bold[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Bright magenta
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Pigment) Push the Edge[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Deep bright purple with pearl[/FONT]

Are there any other MAC products I should be avoiding, PinkBasset? Apparently, I haven't done my research
blush-anim-cl.gif

First, I like your list!
graucho.gif
I still haven't made mine - I need skin swatches and also time to get over Dare To Wear and FF. Too much products!
tong.gif

There's lanolin in Strobe cream and the Light - lotion or what is it, never used them so I'm not sure about the names, and select cover-up concealer if I remember correctly. And of course the many of the brushes are made with animal hair
thmbdn.gif
(synthetic ones are 242, 252, 194, 191, 190, 194, 195, 192, 189, 180, 223, 169, 211, 231, 205, 204, 212, 209, 210
thmbup.gif
). Then there is carmine and beeswax that are non-vegan (in many eyeshadows, lipsticks and so on). I have a bad habit to buy make-up even though it might have carmine or beeswax in it. It is really non-logical, stupid and selfish of me, because I would never eat those things (carmine is also colouring agent in some candies etc.).
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
First, I like your list!
graucho.gif
I still haven't made mine - I need skin swatches and also time to get over Dare To Wear and FF. Too much products!
tong.gif

There's lanolin in Strobe cream and the Light - lotion or what is it, never used them so I'm not sure about the names, and select cover-up concealer if I remember correctly. And of course the many of the brushes are made with animal hair
thmbdn.gif
(synthetic ones are 242, 252, 194, 191, 190, 194, 195, 192, 189, 180, 223, 169, 211, 231, 205, 204, 212, 209, 210
thmbup.gif
). Then there is carmine and beeswax that are non-vegan (in many eyeshadows, lipsticks and so on). I have a bad habit to buy make-up even though it might have carmine or beeswax in it. It is really non-logical, stupid and selfish of me, because I would never eat those things (carmine is also colouring agent in some candies etc.).
th_dunno.gif

I don't use any of those products so I'm good there. I also don't buy any MAC brushes because I am afraid of buying one with natural hair, so this lists helps (thanks!) I'm super disappointed that they don't have a synthetic crease brush, but oh well. Life goes on.... What brand of brushes do you use? I've been trying to find good synthetic ones for ages. Right now I am thinking about trying a few of the new UD ones.
cutey.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
I don't use any of those products so I'm good there. I also don't buy any MAC brushes because I am afraid of buying one with natural hair, so this lists helps (thanks!) I'm super disappointed that they don't have a synthetic crease brush, but oh well. Life goes on.... What brand of brushes do you use? I've been trying to find good synthetic ones for ages. Right now I am thinking about trying a few of the new UD ones.
cutey.gif

There's a brilliant crease brushes that I got from Illamasqua (all the brushes are cruelty free with them yay!), the blending brush number 1 and 2 (the 2 is very big, I mainly use it under my eyes for concealer and powder).

Also from Coastal Scents I got this good dense crease brush that is stiffer than the Illamasqua blending crease brushes! Great brushes!

And yes, Urban Decay does good brushes too, I have the old ones but now they have re-done all their brushes and they did bring some new ones too. I must get them somewhere (unfortunately we don't have UD here so I buy it every time I go to London).

Oh, and EcoTools make very good brushes too, and they are cheap with good quality which is rare to come by.

The Limited Edition Mac 223 is a crease brush and synthetic, if you see it somewhere it is a good one to get too.

Afterglow does a fluffy vegan crease brush.

A short smudger brush for smokey eyes, there is for example the one EnKore sells in his webstore (there's other vegan brushes too that he sells - like vegan duo fibres!!! Awesome!). So there are many great options!
yes.gif

LittleMaryJane

I can second EcoTools brushes--I have a couple and I like them a lot, ESPECIALLY considering the prices.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
There's a brilliant crease brushes that I got from Illamasqua (all the brushes are cruelty free with them yay!), the blending brush number 1 and 2 (the 2 is very big, I mainly use it under my eyes for concealer and powder).

Also from Coastal Scents I got this good dense crease brush that is stiffer than the Illamasqua blending crease brushes! Great brushes!

And yes, Urban Decay does good brushes too, I have the old ones but now they have re-done all their brushes and they did bring some new ones too. I must get them somewhere (unfortunately we don't have UD here so I buy it every time I go to London).

Oh, and EcoTools make very good brushes too, and they are cheap with good quality which is rare to come by.

The Limited Edition Mac 223 is a crease brush and synthetic, if you see it somewhere it is a good one to get too.

Afterglow does a fluffy vegan crease brush.

A short smudger brush for smokey eyes, there is for example the one EnKore sells in his webstore (there's other vegan brushes too that he sells - like vegan duo fibres!!! Awesome!). So there are many great options!
yes.gif

drools.gif
Now I have an excuse to try Illamasqua! This makes me so happy!!!
lol.gif
Thanks, PinkBasset!
th_kiss.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
drools.gif
Now I have an excuse to try Illamasqua! This makes me so happy!!!
lol.gif
Thanks, PinkBasset!
th_kiss.gif

Yay!
th_kiss.gif

cbh02b

Ok So I am totally skipping FF and saving for VV my list is this:

Innocence Beware
Her Alter Image
Oh So Fair
Revenge is Sweet
Briar Rose

Maybe the Nail Polishes but I will wait for swatches or IRL to purchase those.
Will My MAC put all that on hold for me? I hope so!

GlamQueen21

I'm starting to fall for the cremesheen lipsticks now! They are amazing!! This is coming from a Lustre lipstick lover! My list will alter a bit since I may end up taking somethings off of my list. Oh So Fair BP is what I'm thinking about getting since it'll be used as a highlight.

shontay07108

I much prefer lustres. I've never had pigmentation problems and I have dark lips. They wear comfortably and last pretty long on me. Plus, I find they stay in place better. Cremesheen's are nice (much better than Amplifieds, for me), but they can be heavy and settle into my lip lines. Not cute.

Having said that, I will get a couple of lipsticks from this collection. I find cremesheen's workable.

erine1881

Quote:
I do like the feel of lustres, but I won't buy them anymore because of the lanolin in them (I hate that cruel wool business!
angry.gif
).

i'm sorry, but how is the wool business cruel?

btw, the natural-haired brushes aren't obtained cruelly, so why not use em (unless you're vegan that is)?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
btw, the natural-haired brushes aren't obtained cruelly, so why not use em (unless you're vegan that is)?

I am vegan
tong.gif