MAC Wipes

Love? Hate? Alternative?

I really love the wipes - super soft, and quite moist. However, I have to use two to get everything off - one for mascara, and one for the rest of my face.

At this price I am working into a small fortune. Is this a price I will have to learn to live with, or has anyone found a better option?

Thanks!

sweatpea559

Well I don't know how much help I am since I've never tried MAC wipes, but I use baby wipes and they remove my face makeup just fine. I usually use baby oil on a cotton ball for eye makeup and follow with the baby wipe so I can remove the excess oil before I wash my face. This is a super cheap option since a bottle of baby oil lasts forever and you can get store brand baby wipes for dirt cheap as well. Maybe someone who has used MAC wipes can give you a comparison of how well they work compared to baby wipes.

Babylard

i dont like the chemical-ness of facewipe products. right now i just use pure johoba oil and facial cotton pads and use Lush cleansers. i just started recently though because i usually wear mineral makeup, but now that i am getting into liquid, i need something to really get it off.

i would look at my large cotton pads and be disgusted by what it takes off... lol

deven.marie

i LOVE mac wipes. Usually one is good enough to remove everything, but if for some reason I have a ton of makeup on, i use the mac wipes for my eye makeup and eyebrows, and then a baby wipe for the rest of my face. I have been using these for about a year now and I love how easy and convenient they are.. plus i like the way they smell
smiles.gif

TISH1124

I like them...But I prefer Unscented Baby Wipes ..... I have used them for 15 years and just don't see a real reason to change...I do have both but I always reach for the baby wipes..and don't care if a waste a few because they are cheap

Lizzie

I like how well they take off my makeup, but they make my eyes go blurry for a bit and sting a little. I currently use some Ponds wipes because they sell them in giant quantities at Costco...they work fairly well (although chromaline and liquid last liners don't come off as easily as they do with the MAC wipes and so I sometimes use cleanse off oil, too).

brandi

I've been using the MAC wipes for over five years now. I've tried to live without them, but I feel that if I don't use the MAC wipes before I cleanse my face I still have makeup on. I know its probably all in my mind, but thats just how I feel. I've never thought about using babywipes, because I just use them to wipe my kids bottoms... However, if its good enough for them its good enough for your face as I would like to put it. Seems like people do use babywipes because they are cheaper
yes.gif

Now that I'm done with my rant, I do like the MAC wipes..
thmbup.gif

However, I've had other people say it made their face seem/feel greasy afterwards. Everyone has their own opinion

MAC_Whore

They work OK. They irritate the crap out of my eyes and don't really do an adequate job removing eye makeup, imo. I don't care for the smell, either.

Whilst they are convenient, they really aren't meant as an everyday makeup removing tool. They don't cleanse deep enough. They are more of a quick fix.

MACLovin

I agree, they're Ok.. I prefer Neutrogena wipes actually, they have the ones in the purple package, i think they are called "Night Calming" or something..

I also like just plain baby wipes, but the all natural, unscented, aloe and chamomile whatever.. nothing with alcohol or harsh ingredients because i have sensitive skin.

I do think the MAC wipes are overpriced though.

coquetayloca

The thought of using baby wipes never crossed my mind!!! ITS GENIUS (given that it works for me)! I have like 20 extra packs of wipes that my son is not gonna use... soooo YAY! I like this idea. Thanks!

MissResha

i use Neutrogena's wipes. They remove waterproof mascara like no other and they dont irritate my eyes at all. i've tried the Garnier wipes, but they are the size of 1 sheet of toilet paper. that really sucks.

GreekChick

I used to like them, but I think I'm allergic to them because my eyes start to itch and burn right after I use them. My skin gets really red and reacts easily as well.

L1LMAMAJ

MAC wipes are great but I don't want to spend the money on it. I tried store brand baby wipes, they don't work NEARLY as well as MAC wipes but are dirt cheap. I just use baby oil on a cotton pad and take off my makeup. A bottle lasts forever and it's really inexpensive. Yes it can leave your face feeling a bit oily but using a toner afterwards will take off the greasy feeling. I use Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2.

Meryl

I love them!! They're non irritating for my sensitive skin too.

However, they are expensive, so I just use them when I'm feeling lazy or when I need to do touch-ups, I don't use them everyday. I also never use them to take off my eye make-up, although I would like to, it's cheaper to use MAC's eye makeup remover with a cotton ball, so I do.

macaddict83

I am allergic to the MAC Wipes, so no go there- (it's the cucumber extract they use in their products). IMO too, they are pricey for daily use. I agree with what others have said. Neutrogena wipes, the oil free makeup remover (bottled) and the extra gentle cleansing pads are the best! Not badly priced either the wipes- $5.50 for 30. They were on special at Nordies Rack the other week.

nursee81

I like them but not for everyday use I just bought cleanse oil and I think it work great a little goes along way. I wonder if it will work with the baby wipes? Has anyone tried it yet?

erine1881

i use em everyday and love em! been using em for years. one wipe removes all my makeup, and when i use glitter i do have to use two but no more than that.

they are a makeup remover, and not a cleanser, so you still need to clean your face with cleanser. i do feel a little slick after using it, but that's just for about 10 minutes or so. after that my skin feels clean, soft and moisturized.

BlahWah

I love the wipes for quick fixes. My face is too oily for them to get everything off! And I use waterproof mascara which it can't seem to get off very well. I also can't justify daily use due to the cost, even though I got them on sale. But if it's one of those wake-up-and-go days where I don't do any/much makeup, it's my best friend and saves me time.

ClaireAvril

I HEART MAC wipes!!! they are so juicy and are a great remover but i don't use it as my primary remover. For me there is no other alternative. Will shell out that 30$ every time!