Makeup beginner- needs your help!

Allnatural

I would really like to know how to get the look of her eyes, cheeks and lips? I'd really like to know what products to get, but also how to apply them and what brushes to use (especially for the eyes). I know this is a lot to ask but i'd really appreciate the help from anyone who knows.

natalie-portman-nyilu-01.jpg

makeba

i will try to take a stab at it!
blush: Mac Serenly or lightly apply Merrily
lips: Red Romp lipglass or Ruby Woo (?) cranberry lipliner
eyes: Arena as a highlight, quite natural PP as a base, Embark on the lid and
crease and corner of lower lash line followed by carbon on mid/inner
lower lash line. IMO. this is a beautiful look and think once the best items are found will look gorgeous on you. good luck!

cetati

To add to what Makeba said, for brushes:

BLUSH:
- I love the 168 or 116 for contouring and blush

EYES:
- For this look I'd use the 239 to pat on the large areas of color, the pencil brush (219 I think) for the areas near the lash line to smoke out the liner or the darker eyeshadow, and blend with the 217 or the 224.

Allnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnschild
is that from the music video she did with devendra?

I'm not sure! Probably though. I think she looks beautiful, I love the makeup.

lahlalove

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnschild
is that from the music video she did with devendra?

i think its for the movie New York, I Love You

ncsugrl09

Hmm for the eyes I think you could easily get that look with the holiday 08 smokey eye pallete from MAC. Carbon maybe on bottom with the dark brown in the crease, with satin taupe on the lid, and any shimmery high light on top. I'd use a flat shader brush for the lid color, a blending brush or tightly packed bristle brush for the crease color and anything really for the highlight. I hope that helps maybe for the eyes!! That's how I'd get that look!
smiles.gif

ncsugrl09

Ohh and of course keep packing on the color until you get it as dark as she has. And I forgot probably the obvious of adding some thick black eyeliner on the bottom and upper lashes...you could add some extra carbon too over the bottom eyeliner to set it and make it more dramatic/smokey like hers
greengrin.gif

SassyMochaJess

Her Cheeks Look Like Dollymix Applied Sparingly And A Color Like Satn Taupe On The Lid With A Deep Brown In The Crease And Lined In The Lower Lash Line And Maybe Ricepaper As A Highlight? Idk Something W/ A Goldish Sheen. Some Black Pencil And Mascara (doesn't Look Like She Has On Liquid Eye Liner So...) Can't Really Help Wit The Lips, Maybe Someone Close To You Complexion Can Give Some Recs... Hope That Helps!